Week 8 GDT: Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

These next three games ultimately decide our draft positioning. But I think for the morale of the team they probably need to win this game. The Rams performance predictably was ugly, but Shanny needs to better prepare the team this week. Cardinals just fired their OC so at least early on they will come out fired up, but lets be real, that team is terrible offensively. If we get lit up by that offense….. 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Slim to none...He keeps hurting a different body part every game because he won't rest. Think that changes this week. 

Agreed, I expect Mostert to get the majority carries. He's earned them over Morris

6 hours ago, Forge said:

They won't light us up. That offense is terrible. The problem becomes how many times are we going to turn three ball over

Byron Leftwich has taken over as offensive coordinator and has already stated that they are not going to reinvent the wheel.  Which is not all that surprising considering his experience as a coach is limited to one year as a quarterback coach in the NFL, from what I can tell.  

By all rights, we should win this one if we don't continue our atrocious turnover trend.  That's a big if at this point, though. 

Trying to predict this game seems impossible.  Literally, no scenario would surprise me. 

I think David Johnson is going to have a huge game against us. Like Ataal mentioned, Leftwich isn't trying to do something out of the ordinary. I remember there was a graphic that showed all of Johnson's runs (this year) and they were ALL up the middle and in between the tackles, nothing outside (or hardly). I'm going to assume, that will change a bit and they will utilize Johnson a little bit better. Who know's, this will be Leftwich's first game.

I still believe we lose, our injuries are just piling up and we turn the ball over entirely too much. 

I believe this graphic is just from one game, but you see what I'm getting at.

690.jpg

Im not really worried about our run defense. Last week the rams OL wore us down. The cardinals OL wont be doing that this week and I expect us to stack the box somewhat. 

This week the zone blitz returns and we actually are +1 in the turnover margin. 

49ers 19 - Cardinals 13

I think CJ got it. We'll beat them hard, just like we've been beating everyone hard, every week since I started being super positive. I'm loving this current winning streak we're on. 

I'm so sad for the delusional fans who think we suck. BEAT HARD *clap clap* BEAT HARD *clap clap*

Archived