Week 8 GDT: Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Sad. I think the local media will keep turning up the heat on the Mullens opportunity narrative. Shanahan will have to keep justifying starting CJ.

I think the fact that Beathard is still our starter is a testament to how bad Mullens would be if he got in.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

How did we lose the game? I didn't see the broadcast.

Cardinals drove down the field in the last 2 minutes but left 34 seconds on the clock for us. Beathard had us driving to right outside FG range with 10 seconds left. Person proceeds to snap the ball over Beathard's head. 

1 minute ago, Geek said:

I think the fact that Beathard is still our starter is a testament to how bad Mullens would be if he got in.

Agreed. Shanny was pretty adamant about Beathard "being the best quarterback in the building". And honestly, I don't doubt that is an accurate statement, sad as it may be. 

Just now, Geek said:

Cardinals drove down the field in the last 2 minutes but left 34 seconds on the clock for us. Beathard had us driving to right outside FG range with 10 seconds left. Person proceeds to snap the ball over Beathard's head. 

I thought it was Mags? 

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

How did we lose the game? I didn't see the broadcast.

It was beautifully 49erific on both the offensive and defensive end. 

On defense, Kirk burns past Powell, catches TD pass as Powell faceplants into the ground. It's pretty hilarious when you watch Powell look completely like he's stuck in mud and then just topple over. 

Then on offense, errant snap on the final play of the game. 

I know it helps with draft positioning but this one stings. 15-3 lead in the 4th quarter against the worst offensive team in the league and these clowns still find a way to lose. 8 straight losses to this team.  It's probably the alcohol talking but I think I may have watched my last game this season, not worth the aggravation and my blood pressure rising. It's one thing to get destroyed by a team as great as the Rams but games like this... 

5 minutes ago, Geek said:

Yeah, I know. Sadly, when the team is losing games people that aren't at practice everyday or as knowledgeable as Shanahan is aren't going to utilize that logic. Folks just want any chance of positivity possible. 

Archived