Week 8 GDT: Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Loooooooool Cohn is trash

Yeah. 1-17 without jimmy but with an absolutely hysterical margin of loss.  The lack of talent is a genuine problem. We can’t have Baalke-esque drafts where we aim at a whole platoon group and collectively whiff. That said everyone keeps dying, not sure how much can be placed at Shannys feet. Even Saleh called a good game for the most par up until the 4th

players gotta execute.

Only positive is that the team isn't doing this bad with Jimmy G or McKinnon. That would truly be disturbing. At least there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Might not matter with the operation McVay has on the division in the near future. As a 49ers fan, I just want to be entertained at this point.

I'm just amazed by how badly the young guys who showed promise last year have regressed. And Beat Hard hasn't shown ANY growth whatsoever. He looks exactly as he did as a rookie. I'm concerned by the player development at this point. But this loss was just laughable. When I looked up and saw they had cut the lead to 15-10, I knew we were gonna lose. It was evitable really... 

15 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

I'm guessing we sucked?

Even more than usual somehow.

On the positive side, we had no turnovers and had 2 takeaways. That'll help us from becoming infamously bad in that department. 

EDIT: only 2 takeaways not 3

We won the TO battle 2 to 0 and still lost. Baffling really. Even with Jimny G's early struggles this season, the offense was still moving so much better. It really is amazing the difference with him opposed to without him. Goodwin looks like a legitimate top 30 WR with him, and without him he looks like the same guy in Buffalo. 

I think with Tartt we probably win, but that's another problem. Guys like him and Foster get banged up far too often. Overall lack depth and some top level players. Terrible combination really lol. At least Spoon played a good game today and he seems to be getting his confidence back. Sherman had some plays he would probably want back but he is the goods. Can someone explain to me how opposing teams destroy us with screen plays every game yet we can't complete one save our lives? Like seriously? 

As for the screens, my guess is that since we're not very good running those plays, our defense never really gets good practice against that play.

We looked really good on one drive the whole game.  We have playmakers in Kittle, Goodwin, etc..., but we don't have the quarterback right now to put them in those positions on a consistent basis.  I really thought that if we didn't turn the ball over too much, we were going to win this game.  Fitzgerald made some great plays down the stretch like he always does, though.  I am officially at that point in the year that I want to see my team play well, but I also don't want them to win another game this season.  lol  

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

No excuses, but damn, hard not to feel for the kid. Certainly taking it emotionally, and I get that, particularly after busting his butt as an undrafted free agents to make the team the last two years. 

As much as it sucks it still pretty great to see how much football means to him. That said he's definitely not going to be sleeping well tonight. 

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Only positive is that the team isn't doing this bad with Jimmy G or McKinnon. That would truly be disturbing. At least there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Might not matter with the operation McVay has on the division in the near future. As a 49ers fan, I just want to be entertained at this point.

If y'all can get the horses for Lil Shanny, you can make us sweat. He has Wade's number.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If y'all can get the horses for Lil Shanny, you can make us sweat. He has Wade's number.

Okay, even if Shanny's offense makes you guys sweat, our defense isn't nearly good enough to slow your down offense. Now, things can change if say we get Bosa and sign Earl Thomas. That sure would change things quickly, but it looks like the Rams division for the near future. Seahawks starting to play good ball and could compete with the Rams on their best day, but they don't have enough either. And the Cards? They seem to be in a rebuild mode and won't challenge for the division for quite some time. 

It will be a huge disappointment if the Rams don't win a title this year. Or at least get to the Super Bowl. Goff is playing lights out on his rookie deal, they've been lucky with injuries, turnovers, and their defense is playing pretty well. Also the NFC isn't that strong this year. 

Archived