LET'S TALK ABOUT AP!!

Thaiphoon

Ok. Sooo...let's talk about AP.

In 6 games for us, he has 438 yards and 3 TDs as well as 8 receptions for 144 yards.

Broken down:

16.8 rushes a game

4.3 avg

73yds/game (rushing)

24yds/game (receiving)

So 97yds/game total offense.

Which is even more impressive because in our 2 losses we had to play from behind and pass a lot more.

Those 2 losses, he rushed for 11 times (Indy) and only 4 times (Saints). He also got us about 30yds a game in receptions as we passed more.

Our 4 wins? Here's his stats:

Cardinals 

26att, 96yds,1TD

3.7avg

2rec, 70yds

(he also lost a fumble this game)

Packers

19att,120,2TD

6.3avg

Panthers

17att,97yd,

5.7avg

Cowgirls

24att,99yds

4.1avg

1rec,8yards

So... what all of THAT ^^^ to consider. And with Guice having to come back from knee surgery...do we try to re-sign him?

I am an emphatic YES! We do not know if Guice will come back and be as good as we anticipated before he went down. 

AP gives us a great veteran presence on the team and is a great role model to the young players. I just heard it on the radio that AP's first run of camp (or something like that) he came to the sideline and asked PERINE what HE saw and solicited his feedback.

This is how leaders roll, folks.

Always learning (everyone can teach you something) and always getting the young guys involved.

Because here's the thing (the latter). Let's say AP really didn't need Perine's feedback. A big reason WHY you ask, as a HOF RB, the young RB on the team what they saw, is that you're getting them to keep their heads in and get the mental reps the right way. To always be looking at other players on the field and learning from the situation. This guy is a player/coach right now and I'm loving that we have him.

So yeah, I'll try to re-sign him. I think it might be doubtful we can because I think he wants to be where he can be the lead dog. But hopefully we give him enough of a "home" this year that he gets the warm and fuzzies to stay.

What say you?

I’d say bring him back. Our past veteran “leaders” at some point seem to coast along collecting a check. A P/D is having none of that. No reason to hand it all over to Guice when no one knows how the knee will respond. Call me nuts but it also seems his buddy Trent is playing through some nicks and bumps he wouldn’t have in the past. A P/D (and I guess Swearinger and the Bama boys) is the reason why the culture has seemed to change and why I’m expecting them to stomp on the Giants come Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I’d say bring him back. Our past veteran “leaders” at some point seem to coast along collecting a check. A P/D is having none of that. No reason to hand it all over to Guice when no one knows how the knee will respond. Call me nuts but it also seems his buddy Trent is playing through some nicks and bumps he wouldn’t have in the past. A P/D (and I guess Swearinger and the Bama boys) is the reason why the culture has seemed to change and why I’m expecting them to stomp on the Giants come Sunday. 

You have to be kidding ! What an insult to Trent. Man played with a floating knee cap most of last year ! The ligament that holds it in place was torn. Very unstable and painful. This is a shameful comment.

33 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You have to be kidding ! What an insult to Trent. Man played with a floating knee cap most of last year ! The ligament that holds it in place was torn. Very unstable and painful. This is a shameful comment.

You do realize he missed 6 games last year. He was in and out of lineup in I think ‘16 for a thigh bruise. Not saying he isn’t a tough dude I’m saying AP arrives and all the injuries we hear about him having haven’t shown up this year

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Re-sign him because Guice could have a year like Dalvin Cook is having this year coming off his ACL where he’s just not ready to go to start the season. 

True, but Guice has a two months edge over Cook. Cook was hurt a month into the season and Guice was hurt the first pre-season game . Should make a big difference.

I’m going against the grain. I want him to be resigned IF and only IF he sustains production through the 16 game season.

I am more than nostalgic seeing Peterson in a Redskins uniform. I would love to keep watching him run past this season, but I also want us to run him to the ground on his 1 year rental.

he continues doing this?  Heck yes you resign him and you call him the starter until he proves he is not.  Guice will need to prove himself, first 100% healthy and second that he is deserving of starting in front of a first ballot HOF RB.  Heck Guice can even play the 3rd down stuff because he can catch and run well.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I’m going against the grain. I want him to be resigned IF and only IF he sustains production through the 16 game season.

I am more than nostalgic seeing Peterson in a Redskins uniform. I would love to keep watching him run past this season, but I also want us to run him to the ground on his 1 year rental.

Agreed. Sorry, I thought I was clear on that. I guess in looking at my post, I wasn't. But yes, that is if he continues

Archived