(.391)

PARROTHEAD

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

DXy14YKV4AA3R5L.jpg

dfda0ef83785e0b764152dc7a6ce2ab9.jpg

(the year right now - the year of the last Super Bowl win) > (the year of the last Super Bowl win - year Kelly's Heroes (moving you are quoting/memeing) was released)

That's why we're negative. We've seen so much bad/stupid ess that there's little room for faith anymore.

28 minutes ago, Woz said:

(the year right now - the year of the last Super Bowl win) > (the year of the last Super Bowl win - year Kelly's Heroes (moving you are quoting/memeing) was released)

That's why we're negative. We've seen so much bad/stupid ess that there's little room for faith anymore.

But... Why not just be confident? When the worst that can happen if wrong, is actually the best thing for the team in getting a new coach.

So its not looking at it as the glass is half full. The glass is full to the brim either way for us.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

But... Why not just be confident? When the worst that can happen if wrong, is actually the best thing for the team in getting a new coach.

So its not looking at it as the glass is half full. The glass is full to the brim either way for us.

Because of things I've learned never to do things like this:

On 10/21/2018 at 4:37 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

I called it. Were going "Boilermaker" on them. Nice little RAC.

As for why not "be happy because they'd get a new coach:" yeah, but said coach would be stuck with Alex Smith for two years.

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Superstition, my man. I'm a baseball player/coach at heart. We are notoriously superstitious. 

Like talking about your pitcher throwing a no hitter during the game. NUH UH!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5692075

46 minutes ago, Woz said:

koolaid.gifDrink it and enjoy it this week as Danny Bruce and Gruden will probably find a way to 

861ef8e34477043d3fc6b07d371be892.gif

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

.391 can somehow scare you by being confident on?

Do you think Buckeyes, Sooners or Clemson fans get concerned when playing a schedule of cupcakes? No, theyre making plans before the season starts for the playoff. And its the mentality we need to develop for our team.

Schedule that light. By-golly. Were getting a 1st round bye!

Yes, I do. The buckeyes have a brain fart vs an avg or worse team each year, we’re not Bama and neither are the Sooners - who lost to UT, who lost to UMD - and Clemson who losses to a team they shouldn’t to every year.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, I do. The buckeyes have a brain fart vs an avg or worse team each year, we’re not Bama and neither are the Sooners - who lost to UT, who lost to UMD - and Clemson who losses to a team they shouldn’t to every year.

Buckeye fans roll into each season expecting the best. A playoff birth. With extreme confidence.

A whole lot more confidence than near any other team. And my team has been as good as any over the years. And in no way should we have the confidence the Buckeyes should have about it.

At this point in the season. With a .391 schedule ahead with a great record. We should have that same confidence about the playoffs. We should have swagger about it by now. And not that fake swagger like the Hurricanes.

56 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Buckeye fans roll into each season expecting the best. A playoff birth. With extreme confidence.

A whole lot more confidence than near any other team. And my team has been as good as any over the years. And in no way should we have the confidence the Buckeyes should have about it.

At this point in the season. With a .391 schedule ahead with a great record. We should have that same confidence about the playoffs. We should have swagger about it by now. And not that fake swagger like the Hurricanes.

While I like the bolded line, I don’t think the skins are on that kind of level that they should have any kind of swag. They have been grinders this year, and it needs to stay that way.

Great points all around. As probably the oldest guy who’s followed the Redskins here I completely understand. The 60’s,  it was fun watching the redskins because we would score lots of points with a HOF QB and Three should be HOF receivers (Smith) but we had horrible defenses and we always knew we would lose usually 45-42. But it was ok. We were used to losing.

Lombardi then Allen changed that and with Gibbs 1.0 we got used to sipping the fine champagne of victory. Victory, playoffs, Super Bowls were always within our grasp.

When Gibbs left and JKC passed we went back to drinking Boone’s Farm and Mad Dog 20/20 and it’s hard going from champagne to cheap rotgut. And it’s been that way ever since under Snyder. 

It is hard for fans who’ve experienced success and seen how successful owners and management operate to be saddled with incompetence, an owner whose sole focus is on financial self interest , incompetent hires, fantasy football type signings, and the losing that these ensure will occur. The Younger Bros are kind of like the Redskins fans of the 60’s where we didn’t know the thrill of victory, only the agony of defeat. Do you older brothers remember that tag line? My all time favorite show. 

So what’s different now? We have a HOF RB- yeah he’s old and declining but has the heart of a thoroughbred.

A young improving stout defensive line and front 7

solid and I think improving special  teams

an offense that doesn’t kill itself. 

and the great fortune to be competing in arguably the second weakest division in football, maybe the first. 

We should be the prohibitive favorites to win our division and get a bye and home field game. Do I think we are 1. Super Bowl bound? No, but if we get very lucky and MVP stays healthy it could happen. When was the last time we could say that? Sometime last century! Are we a dynasty in the making? No. We will go only as far as MVP takes us

so I’m all in. Am I setting myself up for disappointment? Probably. But I’m going to break out Tony K’s Bandwagon ( again the youngins probably have to google this) because for the first time in over 25 years we have a legitimate shot at playing in an NFC Championship game. 

Who knows if I’ll live longer enough to say that again. 

Of course, if we lose to giants I’ll probably take back my room in Thai’s cave. 

Archived