Marvin Lewis

SmittyBacall

4 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

The thing I can’t wait for is when Marvin is gone and the next head coach is horrible. 

All the fans will be crying wishing we kept Marvin. 

Not me. But other people. 

This will probably happen.  At this point i'm over him.  Yeah there are worse options out there, but the league has changed a lot the last couple of years.  He hasn't.  He hasn't adapted, and he's not going to.  Without adapting, they're falling behind from a coaching standpoint.  Particularly from a knowing how aggressive you should be point of view.  Can't punt from the opponents side of the field anymore, and that is killing this team.

But, if Marvin is let go, this should be a great landing spot for any potential HC.  You know job security is good, and you have a good starting roster.  This isn't the Giants or Cardinals.

But, Marvin will still be around for another couple of years.  Sorry folks.

19 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

The thing I can’t wait for is when Marvin is gone and the next head coach is horrible. 

All the fans will be crying wishing we kept Marvin. 

Not me. But other people. 

I'm fine with having a horrible head coach for 2-4 years following Marvin, and then that person gets canned.  I've seen Marvin stink it up long enough, as long as it's not him or anyone from his coaching tree (specifically Hue Jackson), I can live with it.  Just want to move on already...

15 hours ago, theJ said:

Can't punt from the opponents side of the field anymore, and that is killing this team.

To expand on this: it really bothers me that he still thinks it's ok to punt from the opponents 40 to get a measly 20 years in field position in today's game.  It's absolutely moronic thinking when A) 20 yards is really easy to pick up in 2018 and B) 20 yards is almost guaranteed to be given up by this defense.

I could understanding the thinking, and get behind it, back in 2013/2014/2015 when Zimmer led a great D that could get stops.  But this team is KC lite.  They have to score to win.  They won't win games against anyone 17-14 on the strength of their D.  Not even Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm fine with having a horrible head coach for 2-4 years following Marvin, and then that person gets canned.  I've seen Marvin stink it up long enough, as long as it's not him or anyone from his coaching tree (specifically Hue Jackson), I can live with it.  Just want to move on already...

I'm with you, finally.  2-14 or 7-9, not much difference.

But you know what's going to happen, right?  This team will limp their way to 9-7 or 10-6, get a WC spot, and finally win a playoff game.  Just one.  Then get demolished against NE or KC or LAC.  And what do you think will happen after that?  Another extension for Marvin...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 10:43 AM, theJ said:

But you know what's going to happen, right?  This team will limp their way to 9-7 or 10-6, get a WC spot, and finally win a playoff game.  Just one.  Then get demolished against NE or KC or LAC.  And what do you think will happen after that?  Another extension for Marvin...

This is what will happen except we won’t win a playoff game. Then the excuses of well if we had Eifert and AJ healthy all year, plus the D was learning a new system = Marvin Lewis 2 year extension. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

This is what will happen except we won’t win a playoff game. Then the excuses of well if we had Eifert and AJ healthy all year, plus the D was learning a new system = Marvin Lewis 2 year extension. 

I could see that happening too

What head coach in the league right now would actually win with Mikey as his owner? I’d argue that even belicheck would have a rough time getting the types of coaches and players he wants.

That being said my guess is that Marvin could’ve been a near great coach if he had an owner that didn’t hamstring him at every turn. By now Marv has let his defensive prowess lapse into absurdity and the combination of Mikey’s micromanaging and the city just waiting for the bottom to fall out at every turn has turned Marvin back into a pumpkin.

Archived