Week 8 GDT: Saints (5-1) @ Vikings (4-2-1)

Canadian Saint

Great win, nice to get some turn over and exercise some demons. A few thoughts:

- 2nd half D was great. Need more of that going forward.

- Apple added a layer of security in the secondary. He looked pretty good.

- PJ Williams. Oooh boy. I think he was in coverage for 2 TDs tonight. Nice pick 6, but man he's a weak link. When is P-Rob back?

- Davenport getting 2 sacks is great. D-line kept getting pressure.

- Love our O-line, kept Brees up for the most part.

- Payton needs to make sure he doesn't get too cute with Taysom Hill. I know he can be a weapon but his presence is getting obvious.

- 6-1!

PRob isn’t coming back any time soon. It was a serious injury. With our history managing leg injuries with DBs he should be back in time for Teddy’s second SB run. B|

Great win. PJ is a giant liability. He made a great play but it’s flukey. It Diggs doesn’t stop on his route it’s a contested catch at best for us.

Is Crawley really worse than this? Is Hardee? 

We have 2 days to make a trade. Who could Crawley/Anzalone+2nd land us? Or do we keep a pick that’ll be high 50’s at worst I think?

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

PRob isn’t coming back any time soon. It was a serious injury. With our history managing leg injuries with DBs he should be back in time for Teddy’s second SB run. B|

Great win. PJ is a giant liability. He made a great play but it’s flukey. It Diggs doesn’t stop on his route it’s a contested catch at best for us.

Is Crawley really worse than this? Is Hardee? 

We have 2 days to make a trade. Who could Crawley/Anzalone+2nd land us? Or do we keep a pick that’ll be high 50’s at worst I think?

PJ sucks, but there's not a team in the league that can cover all of their WRs.  Don't really think there's anything we can do about it.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

PJ sucks, but there's not a team in the league that can cover all of their WRs.  Don't really think there's anything we can do about it.

Could be. Maybe I’m being to hard on the guy, but when it’s the same guy pretty much every time it’s hard to ignore lol

Glad he got that pick6. Saves him from being killed on Twitter.

he needs to get better or Crawley needs to get better so Marshon can kick inside more 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Could be. Maybe I’m being to hard on the guy, but when it’s the same guy pretty much every time it’s hard to ignore lol

Glad he got that pick6. Saves him from being killed on Twitter.

he needs to get better or Crawley needs to get better so Marshon can kick inside more 

He's definitely a liability, I just don't see what we can do about it.  We can play somebody else there, but chances are high they'll get toasted too.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

He's definitely a liability, I just don't see what we can do about it.  We can play somebody else there, but chances are high they'll get toasted too.

Toast Taysom once, shame on you.

But he won’t be toasted twice. Put him in coach. 

2 hours ago, Raves said:

Great play to force the fumble and great return by Lattimore.  Hopefully we can turn it into at least 3 to end the half tied.

How Lattimore didn't score on that, I don't know. He looks slow and gets gassed quick on long runs like that, it happened last year on a potential pick 6 where he got chased down by the QB

2 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

How Lattimore didn't score on that, I don't know. He looks slow and gets gassed quick on long runs like that, it happened last year on a potential pick 6 where he got chased down by the QB

Remember when Roman Harper got ran down by Sam Bradford?  lol

Archived