Week 8 GDT: Saints (5-1) @ Vikings (4-2-1)

Canadian Saint

Alright Saints fans, lets play a drinking game. Everytime the words "Minneapolis Miracle" is uttered, take a shot. Yes this is your warning, Joe Buck will be insufferable this Sunday night.

With that being said, this is the start of a fantastic litmus test for the Saints. 3/4 of the next opponents are top of their division (or close to) and will give us the ability to measure how we stack up against the best in the NFC.

So some notes for the enemy:

- Everson Griffen is back and all indications is he'll play against us.

- RB Dalvin Cook is out till week 11.

- CB Xavier Rhodes suffered an ankle sprain last weekend, status is questionable. Same for DT Linval Joseph and LB Anthony Barr.

- Their O-line rank #8 in QB hits and #11 in sacks given up. Might be something for us to keep an eye on if we can get Jordan, Okafor and Davenport getting some pressure on them.

Some notes for us:

- DT Jay Bromley went to IR, hoping Stallworth is ready to go.

- Big news is new CB Eli Apple. Assuming he plays, the question is how much and covering who. They have the big 1-2 punch at WR with Thielen and Diggs, assuming Latt is on Thielen that leaves Diggs.

So WHO DATS, how do you see this playing out? How do you think Payton and Brees game plan against a formidable Viking defense? How does RA and our D stop their offense? Do we send out a 3 QB package with Brees, Bridgewater and Hill? Just for fun?

I can't join the drinking game unfortunately, though I wish I could.

Should be a great game and I'm really looking forward to seeing how our OL looks with how many injuries they've suffered as well as how Eli Apple looks in what limited time he might see.

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Alright Saints fans, lets play a drinking game. Everytime the words "Minneapolis Miracle" is uttered, take a shot. Yes this is your warning, Joe Buck will be insufferable this Sunday night.

I didn't even think about this until you mentioned it. This is going to be brutal, especially living in Minnesota, and having to hear the constant "Hey, remember the Minneapolis Mircale" statements I'm going to hear from friends this weekend.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

I didn't even think about this until you mentioned it. This is going to be brutal, especially living in Minnesota, and having to hear the constant "Hey, remember the Minneapolis Mircale" statements I'm going to hear from friends this weekend.

Wasn't a miracle though. I feel like a miracle wouldn't result in getting a mud hole stomped in you the following week :D

17 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I'll be up for this game with some rowdy friends if you want to try to connect again.
PM me your phone number and I'll reach out. I'm thinking the group (season ticket holders) are working up something for tailgating, but I'm not 100% certain.

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Any word on whether Eli Apple plays? The thought of Diggs going up against our current secondary scares the crap out of me. He’d be a 100 yard, 1 TD lock...with numbers potentially approaching double of that. 

You know they won't tell us anything about Apple until we see him on the field.
I'm not nearly as worried about Diggs as I am Thielan. The kid is playing off the hook, breaking records, and doing it in a quiet manner. He will be interesting to cover.

Although I think the Ravens game was our biggest (due to their defense), I think this game is the most important so far, due to the recent history.
All of Minn is still butt hurt over losing to us in 2009, and still gloating over beating us twice last year, including the (I'm not using the MM phrase) Bayou Bungle.

45 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not nearly as worried about Diggs as I am Thielan. The kid is playing off the hook, breaking records, and doing it in a quiet manner. He will be interesting to cover.

Although I think the Ravens game was our biggest (due to their defense), I think this game is the most important so far, due to the recent history.
All of Minn is still butt hurt over losing to us in 2009, and still gloating over beating us twice last year, including the (I'm not using the MM phrase) Bayou Bungle.

Cajun Catastrophe?

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I fully expect Lattimore to play man against him. 

Archived