Week 8 GDT: Saints (5-1) @ Vikings (4-2-1)

Canadian Saint

On 10/24/2018 at 11:18 AM, Canadian Saint said:

Yes this is your warning, Cris Collinsworth will be insufferable this Sunday night.

FTFY. Although Buck would be equally as bad.

22 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Joe Buck does SNF?

No. (Not sure if serious.)

18 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea I thought Sunday night was NBC and Joe Buck was Fox.  Is this not correct?

You are correct. Cris Collinsworth and Al Michels will be on the call for SNF. 

27 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I wouldn't say all, however, I'm sure there are still some. 

How about this, I live in Iowa, there are plenty of Vikings fans here, and the majority of them bring it up to me when we talk football (once they find out I'm a Saints fan) ;)

47 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I hate the entire SNF presentation.  I'm already mad cause I gotta get up early for work, then I gotta listen to that dumb Carrie Underwood song followed by three hours of Collinsworth.

Better than listening to Joe Buck or Jason Witten.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do you guys think this game could decide which one of us gets the #2 seed (assuming things go right KNOCK ON WOOD!!!)?

Our schedule is brutal. I'm not even sure we're going to make the playoffs, so seeding isn't really something I think we should be talking about right now. 

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do you guys think this game could decide which one of us gets the #2 seed (assuming things go right KNOCK ON WOOD!!!)?

I certainly don't see the Rams sliding out of the #1 spot, and the Saints and Vikings sure have strong cases to be at (or near) the top, too. So, yeah, this game is as big as it gets for each team when you look at potential tie breakers at the end of the season.

The Saints play the Rams the week after the Vikings. It will be in the SuperDome (which didn't mean squat last year) so at least we don't have to travel, but as JMG5 stated, our schedule looks brutal. Finish up with the AFC North and NFC East, and 4 more games from the NFC South. Ugh.... Not an easy slate

Vikings schedule is a little (not much) easier. I haven't looked at remaining strength of schedule for either team, but they're tough.

18 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

How about this, I live in Iowa, there are plenty of Vikings fans here, and the majority of them bring it up to me when we talk football (once they find out I'm a Saints fan) ;)

Yep! Living in MN as a Saints fan without me even bringing it up always turns to "Bountygate", or the "Minneapolis Miracle". Of course after this is brought up, I tend to mention how cool it was to see my team win a Super Bowl :D

Rhodes participated but other reporters mentioned he had an obvious limp. I doubt he plays. That's 5 starters they won't have, and Joseph coming back from a nagging injury and Griffin's status is unknown.

For us:

Looking good for the Saints going into Sunday night. No Barr and Rhodes is huge. MT and Kamara should have a better time without those two covering them.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:41 PM, JMG5 said:

Our schedule is brutal. I'm not even sure we're going to make the playoffs, so seeding isn't really something I think we should be talking about right now. 

Yea, let's just make the playoff please.

Archived