Week 8 GDT: Saints (5-1) @ Vikings (4-2-1)

Canadian Saint

10 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also shout out to Marcus Davenport. What's he up to now, 4 sacks and 1 FF? Add in decent run D. His improvement week-to-week is astounding.

Was going to say, watching Davenport improve weekly is very exciting!! I think he will continue to do so and make some important plays down the stretch. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Great game tonight you guys.  You made some nice plays and created some game changing turnovers.  You came into our house and got a well-deserved the win.  Good luck the rest of the way, and maybe we will see you again in the playoffs. 

Are you sure? Cause now it's our turn to win a heartbreaking Vikings/Saints playoff game. xD Good luck to you too!

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also shout out to Marcus Davenport. What's he up to now, 4 sacks and 1 FF? Add in decent run D. His improvement week-to-week is astounding. For an apparent raw prospect he's flashing an awful amount in his rookie season.

Shout to PJ Williams, more TDs than Julio Jones.

Davenport is a freak. This team's drafting since we added Ireland is so damn good. Best in the NFL possibly.

Even when we don't get what we want we nail it, we wanted Mahomes but the Chiefs jumped us and we took Lattimore who has of course been great. And if they didn't jump us and we got Mahomes, well all I've got to say to that is look at what he's doing in KC. Imagine him in this offensive system.

I didn't like trading a 1st for Davenport but I think I'm just gonna blindly trust this team in the draft going forward lol. 

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Davenport is a freak. This team's drafting since we added Ireland is so damn good. Best in the NFL possibly.

Even when we don't get what we want we nail it, we wanted Mahomes but the Chiefs jumped us and we took Lattimore who has of course been great. And if they didn't jump us and we got Mahomes, well all I've got to say to that is look at what he's doing in KC. Imagine him in this offensive system.

I didn't like trading a 1st for Davenport but I think I'm just gonna blindly trust this team in the draft going forward lol. 

Leading up to the draft Davenport was given potential draft range all the way up to like pick 7 or 8 I remember seeing while also into the 2nd.  Everyone knew he had all the measureables and raw talent to develop into a dominant DE, it's just a matter of if the coaching staff could get it out of it.  So far it looks like they are slowly but surely bringing it out.

Davenport is getting a lot of love (which he deserves), but how about Rankins as well. The guy has 3 sacks the past 3 weeks and 4 on the season as an interior lineman. Looks like our DL is really starting to live up to their potential.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Davenport is getting a lot of love (which he deserves), but how about Rankins as well. The guy has 3 sacks the past 3 weeks and 4 on the season as an interior lineman. Looks like our DL is really starting to live up to their potential.

Just another recent draft pick we absolutely nailed. Our DL is nasty with Rankins playing this well. 

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Ryan Nielson is possibly one of our best hires on the coaching side in recent memory. Since last season our D-line has looked really good and had noticeable improvement. Add in batting down passes at the LOS (something we never did before) and I hope he stays for a while. His work has been a big reason for why we've been successful.

14 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also shout out to Marcus Davenport. What's he up to now, 4 sacks and 1 FF? Add in decent run D. His improvement week-to-week is astounding. For an apparent raw prospect he's flashing an awful amount in his rookie season.

Shout to PJ Williams, more TDs than Julio Jones.

I'm at a point where no one will convince me that Davenpport wasn't worth it. Kid is going to be a monster.

Archived