Week 8: We still have to play... Washington Redskins @ New York Giants

Acgott

38 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You cannot start Eli again. Absolutely cannot. 

I agree. Although "statistically" he looks to be having a halfway decent season, Completion% and yardage look good on the box scores. But anyone who has watched knows most of that yardage has come in garbage time when the defenses have loosened up. In critical situations with the game on the line he's been so bad. I'd rather suffer through a rookie going through growing pains at least knowing there is a positive coming from it, rather then the dying fits of a QB who is clearly on his last legs. After the Houston performance I thought.. maybe he still has it. But it's just not there anymore. Physical performance, decision making, and his mental state have all declined to much. Give the kid the reigns and let him loose. See what happens.

57 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

I agree. Although "statistically" he looks to be having a halfway decent season, Completion% and yardage look good on the box scores. But anyone who has watched knows most of that yardage has come in garbage time when the defenses have loosened up. In critical situations with the game on the line he's been so bad. I'd rather suffer through a rookie going through growing pains at least knowing there is a positive coming from it, rather then the dying fits of a QB who is clearly on his last legs. After the Houston performance I thought.. maybe he still has it. But it's just not there anymore. Physical performance, decision making, and his mental state have all declined to much. Give the kid the reigns and let him loose. See what happens.

It would be the definition of insanity to start Eli again. Lauletta or even Tanney couldn't be any worse. What, they throw picks, miss open receivers, and lose us the game? How would that be different than what we have now. At least we'd get to see what else we have. And we need to see what we have in Lauletta. We can't make the Davis Webb mistake again. Eli deluding himself and thinking he can still play is the worst part. Tom Brady said he will retire when he sucks. Eli sucks and can't come to grips with it.

Archived