Week 8: We still have to play... Washington Redskins @ New York Giants

Acgott

23 hours ago, minutemancl said:

It would be the definition of insanity to start Eli again. Lauletta or even Tanney couldn't be any worse. What, they throw picks, miss open receivers, and lose us the game? How would that be different than what we have now. At least we'd get to see what else we have. And we need to see what we have in Lauletta. We can't make the Davis Webb mistake again. Eli deluding himself and thinking he can still play is the worst part. Tom Brady said he will retire when he sucks. Eli sucks and can't come to grips with it.

Tom Brady still has a decent offensive line he can play behind. Eli (and most QB's) can't function behind this one. If you want to start Tanney fine, but there is no need to start Lauletta in there before he is ready. Why are you in a rush to take the Texans approach and turn Lauletta into David Carr, instead of taking the Kansas City approach with Patrick Mahomes?

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

Tom Brady still has a decent offensive line he can play behind. Eli (and most QB's) can't function behind this one. If you want to start Tanney fine, but there is no need to start Lauletta in there before he is ready. Why are you in a rush to take the Texans approach and turn Lauletta into David Carr, instead of taking the Kansas City approach with Patrick Mahomes?

Lauletta was a 4th round pick. You have to see what you have with him before the offseason.

I want Lauletta to play because I'm holding out for the chance to watch a functional offense, which we aren't getting with Eli. 

Yea I don't see the harm with starting the kid now. He's had a full training camp and half a season. It's not like he's a 1st round pick and blatant heir apparent for the franchise. Put him out there and see what he can do. Maybe he excels and they entertain the idea or moving forward with him, maybe he totally flops and they realize they desperately need someone else for next season. What's the worst that can happen? He stinks and they lose?

Archived