Todd Gurley vs. LaDainian Tomlinson

tyler735

Todd Gurley vs. LaDainian Tomlinson  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better RB?

• Todd Gurley
    • LaDainian Tomlinson

Ladanian Tomlinson was the best back of the 2000's.. But his post season left so much to be desired. He did have some 

bad luck with injuries. But even the games he played in he wasn't as effective. Still the answer is LT. One of the best backs

I've ever seen in my life. 

Norv Turner back then with LT was like McVay with Gurley today. I think thats how we should look at it. Both backs were supremely talented but they also had great offensive minded coaches. Turner is still working his magic even today. He has gotten Cam to be a better passer this season than he has been his entire NFL career. Turner is using CMC very nicely in the system. 

With that being said, I think Gurley has brought back the running backs. It wasnt Zeke who did it. Gurley did it because the Rams took a chance on him with the 10th pick and it paid off right away as Gurley had a big rookie season. He did something that no other back has ever done and still hasnt done. Gurley because the first back in NFL history to have 4 straight 125+yds rushing to start a career as the starting back. Now Gurley is on pace to break the touchdown record and possibly win the MVP which is harder to do in a QB league. So while I really like LT, I think what Gurley is doing is special considering all the rules benefiting the QB.

Now Gurley is on pace to break the touchdown record and possibly win the MVP which is harder to do in a QB league. So while I really like LT, I think what Gurley is doing is special considering all the rules benefiting the QB.

The rule changes not only benefit the QB, but also the RB. It also helps that teams aren't that heavy in the defensive line like they were 10-15 years ago. 

41 minutes ago, game3525 said:

The rule changes not only benefit the QB, but also the RB. It also helps that teams aren't that heavy in the defensive line like they were 10-15 years ago. 

That’s not because of the rule. 

The game has changed and adapted. 

Would have loved to see Mike Martz in this era. The man was ahead of his time 

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

That’s not because of the rule. 

The game has changed and adapted. 

Would have loved to see Mike Martz in this era. The man was ahead of his time 

Martz would not be good in this era. He was ahead of his time. But his time was a decade ago.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Martz would not be good in this era. He was ahead of his time. But his time was a decade ago.

Why not? Because he refuses to adjust and adapt? And won’t change his scheme because of injury or devoid of talent? 

His offenses in Det put up great numbers with scrubs. 

7 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Why not? Because he refuses to adjust and adapt? And won’t change his scheme because of injury or devoid of talent? 

His offenses in Det put up great numbers with scrubs. 

Yes. Because he refused to adjust and adapt. His offense was ahead of its time. But it's time ran out in the late 2000s. Look at Norv Turner's troubles over the past decade.

Archived