Bilal Powell placed on IR with career threatening neck injury

pwny

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

LeVeon Bell to Jets confirmed? Has to make them the most likely destination of any team that might be interested in trading.

AFC

1. Jets

2. Texans

3. Colts

NFC

1. Eagles

2. 49ers

3. Redskins

Texans aren't going that direction, and it wouldn't be a good fit because the Texans OL is basically an Express lane for DL and LBs. Would be a waste of money, tbh.

I've always liked Powell... but have thought we should upgrade from him the last few years as he's aged. Its very unfortunate to see anything like this happen to a player, but especially Powell. He's our longest tenured player on the roster and highly respected by the fans and piers. He never complained about touches, etc. Now I will say I was actually just on our forum the other day (before his injury) said that I hope McGuire can take his snaps when he comes back Weeks 8 as our receiving back. I don't think McGuire is better by any means than Powell... but the writing on the wall was that this was Powell's last year as a Jet. I'm just sad to see it end this way. I wish the best for him and hope he can make a full recovery.

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Mixed his up with something I heard then.

Point taken, I agree the Jets should be set. I think of the Jets trading for Bell as almost a panic move to help Darnold develop and hopefully entice him to stay.

Wouldn't be totally against the trade but wouldn't give up anything more than a 7th.  He won't want a ton of touches and will possibly walk which is why I wouldn't waste draft capital for a possible rental.  Doubt PIT trades him for so little which is why I just don't see it as a possibility.  I would consider him in FA though because we have so much money to spend.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Wouldn't be totally against the trade but wouldn't give up anything more than a 7th.  He won't want a ton of touches and will possibly walk which is why I wouldn't waste draft capital for a possible rental.  Doubt PIT trades him for so little which is why I just don't see it as a possibility.  I would consider him in FA though because we have so much money to spend.

a 7th ?

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

a 7th ?

It's like a 6-7 game rental at this point.  What would you expect to get or for other teams to give up?  You can't resign him this year he is locked into FA and wants to be fresh.  Unless you are desperate and think he is the missing piece to a superbowl why would you give up anything for him.

The Jets aren't one piece away so why would they waste an asset like a 3rd or something for a few games of a guy thinking about next season already.

It's why he's never gonna be traded and worth more to PIT then anyone else.

48 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Came here to say Powell's injury is no longer career threatening which is great for him.  Confirmed to be same injury as Enunwa last year which he came back from strong.

Great news.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's like a 6-7 game rental at this point.  What would you expect to get or for other teams to give up?  You can't resign him this year he is locked into FA and wants to be fresh.  Unless you are desperate and think he is the missing piece to a superbowl why would you give up anything for him.

The Jets aren't one piece away so why would they waste an asset like a 3rd or something for a few games of a guy thinking about next season already.

It's why he's never gonna be traded and worth more to PIT then anyone else.

I just ? because there is no way the Steelers would consider the 7th and that's what I think their reaction would be.

Archived