NFL.COMs list of coaching candidates

Fatgerman

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Lincoln Riley is a former Texas guy. When (not if) Garrett gets canned, I can see him wanting to go to Dallas if he doesn’t want to stay in college. 

This is a fair assessment. Could argue that Jerry will ride it out with Garrett for another year, though. Acquiring Cooper who has another year on his contract after this season, one more season for Dak as well. They're def gonna tank for Tua next year, but I don't think they blow it up after this season.

There is some reason to believe he'd take Cleveland over Dallas. Obviously, we have his QB. That goes a long way. Not to mention, we're trending upwards. HArd to say the same for Dallass.

Matt LaFleur would be an interesting choice for our new head coach for me. I don't know if he is ready or if he will ever be ready to be a HC but our paths have crossed in the football world and I would be able to tell people I worked with the Browns head coach. It would be interesting to see if I could get inside scoops on training camp battles/how coaches view certain players and such things. I don't know if that would happen because we didn't work closely. Would be fun though.

Using a dating metaphor, we arent the guy that picks up at the bar before mid night. 

Traditionally we are the guy that scores the at 6am/not all. 

With Baker et al maybe we jump the que a bit, but in likelyhood we will be getting a second tier coaching candidate.

So I am all in on Jim bob cooter, decent offense with a lot talent. And he has a brownsy name.

52 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Using a dating metaphor, we arent the guy that picks up at the bar before mid night. 

With Baker et al maybe we jump the que a bit, but in likelyhood we will be getting a second tier coaching candidate.

So I am all in on Jim bob cooter, decent offense with a lot talent. And he has a brownsy name.

We would we be getting the 2nd tier coaching candidate? Years past yeah but the way this team is constructed, it’s a game changer. 

Browns have young legit talent all over the field, they are not in cap hell, and they have a competent GM. Browns have never had l three of those cards in their hands when it came to hiring coaches. If the deem Riley as the #1 candidate they have the baker ace up the sleeve

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We would we be getting the 2nd tier coaching candidate? Years past yeah but the way this team is constructed, it’s a game changer. 

Browns have young legit talent all over the field, they are not in cap hell, and they have a competent GM. Browns have never had l three of those cards in their hands when it came to hiring coaches. If the deem Riley as the #1 candidate they have the baker ace up the sleeve

I’d imagine we’d be able to land a quality coach.

Baker, Landry, an experienced OL, and the defensive talent paired with an established GM should be enticing to potential candidates.

Baker is the key tbh.  He’s not yet where young guys like Goff and Mahomes are, but he’s promising.  If the coach is offensive minded (my preference) they could also choose to retain Greggggg if they wanted and focus primarily on the offense and developing the talent there.

That said, I still don’t know if it’s enough to snag a guy like Riley.  

A large part of me would prefer a guy like Flip who’s familiar with the pro game and what works on this level.  Being a great offensive mind in college doesn’t assure NFL success, just ask Chip Kelly.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think we might well be the guy who won the lottery and is now a fanny* magnet.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

And truckstop jimmy just stuck with a guy who was 1-31 over 2 years. It can’t be said that the new guy won’t be given a chance. 

Personally I wouldn't mind promoting from Within....I think Greg Williams has earned the right, with the way he has this D performing....despite the offense putting them in bad spots, and not scoring many points of the league leading turn over margin. I mean Greg Williams as HC, with Mike Singletary as his Asst. HC D, Rex Ryan as his DC and Rob Ryan as his Asst. DC...and I dont think it matters who we have on the Offensive side of the Football...LOL

IF Dan Campbell comes to town....I would like to see him bring Joe Lombardi as his OC, bring in Mike Nolan as his Asst. HC Defense (who would bring in Mike Singletary as his DC, he was his DC in SF) and also Bring in Mike Westoff as his Sr. Assistant/Special Teams Coordinator....that's a coaching staff I could get a little excited about....

I don't know if I want a college Coach, who's had only ONE YEAR of HC experience at ANY level.......

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

So in other words, you endorse picking up Cooter at the bar at 6am?

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d imagine we’d be able to land a quality coach.

Baker, Landry, an experienced OL, and the defensive talent paired with an established GM should be enticing to potential candidates.

Baker is the key tbh.  He’s not yet where young guys like Goff and Mahomes are, but he’s promising.  If the coach is offensive minded (my preference) they could also choose to retain Greggggg if they wanted and focus primarily on the offense and developing the talent there.

That said, I still don’t know if it’s enough to snag a guy like Riley.  

A large part of me would prefer a guy like Flip who’s familiar with the pro game and what works on this level.  Being a great offensive mind in college doesn’t assure NFL success, just ask Chip Kelly.

Chip Kelly’s issue wasnt his offense, it was him having too much control over the roster. Dude had no idea how to build a defense. He had two top3 offenses and a top15  his 3 years but damn he had some horrible defenses. Won 20 games his first two years.

i think Kelly could have been fine if he just stuck as the HC and OC. Some of the trades he made were just dumb. Just like Butch Davis. Screwed themselves because of poor player personnel decisions 

To me the way the NFL is now and the way it’s evolving. Browns need to get an offensive head coach. Someone who will always be the brains to the offensive scheme.

if they go defense for the HC and the offense is successful. That OC is gone and now the Browns are stuck looking for another guy to run the offense. 

Go offense  for a HC and you never have to worry about losing the offense mind in the offseason to another team. 

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Being a great offensive mind in college doesn’t assure NFL success, just ask Chip Kelly.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it you who before has pointed out how the college game is translating into the NFL game?

Archived