NFL.COMs list of coaching candidates

Fatgerman

13 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it you who before has pointed out how the college game is translating into the NFL game?

Sure, and it is, but that doesn’t mean you just hire a college coach and you’re guaranteed success.

I mean, who are the college coaches who’ve actually had success in the last couple decades going to the pros?

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

We would we be getting the 2nd tier coaching candidate? Years past yeah but the way this team is constructed, it’s a game changer. 

Browns have young legit talent all over the field, they are not in cap hell, and they have a competent GM. Browns have never had l three of those cards in their hands when it came to hiring coaches. If the deem Riley as the #1 candidate they have the baker ace up the sleeve

To be fair, Hue was deemed the most attractive HC candidate when he was available and everybody thought we 'won' because we got the #1 guy many deemed to be the best option on the market. Flip reminds me of that situation all over again.

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

To be fair, Hue was deemed the most attractive HC candidate when he was available and everybody thought we 'won' because we got the #1 guy many deemed to be the best option on the market. Flip reminds me of that situation all over again.

Hue isn’t going to scare me from going after who is deemed the #1 guy. 

I doubt Flip is as egotistical as Hue. I doubt think I have ever seen a HC like that in a long time, specially one for the browns. 

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Flip,Riley,Peterson,Shaw, or I stand with Toub. 

Riley is the only college coach I would go after too. 

I like Flip, Toub, Campbell (Saints), and that’s about it. 

Like Flip cause maybe he brings Darrell Hazell back to Ohio to be his OC. Maybe Campbell brings Joe Lombardi (related to the great Vince and not the Garbage Mike) to his be OC. Now that be a solid duo to hire. Lombardi has done great things with stafford and Brees. Maybe Toub brings Kafka to be his OC, he is one of the hot names of young coaches.

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Hue isn’t going to scare me from going after who is deemed the #1 guy. 

I doubt Flip is as egotistical as Hue. I doubt think I have ever seen a HC like that in a long time, specially one for the browns. 

Yeah, but do you think he would consider the Browns after already being canned by them in the past?

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah, but do you think he would consider the Browns after already being canned by them in the past?

I don’t think that impacts the present moment he was our OC and we hired him. 

We fired that staff more than thinking of firing him specially 

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why does that matter? Browns have had a few repeat coaches. Being let go because a new coaching staff is Being brought in is a lot different than being straight fired. Also being let go and coaching else where made him a better coach. Also remember Flip was let go cause Hue said he didn’t want/need an OC. So that’s on Hue really 

35 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think that impacts the present moment he was our OC and we hired him. 

We fired that staff more than thinking of firing him specially 

He could have been kept if hue wanted him. Hue dropped the ball on that one...what a surprise 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He could have been kept if hue wanted him. Hue dropped the ball on that one...what a surprise 

yeah but Hue came in thinking he'd be able to do it 

so I dont think that would deter him from wanting the job

better he not go to a team when there would be friction from day 1

Just now, NudeTayne said:

? Oh my gosh, you Hue haters are too much.

He man, I was positive with Hue all offseason. I was all about giving him a clean slate for this season. Hell I defended him through out Hardknocks when he came off as an idiot at times. As the season has gone, we have seen the same mistakes as a HC as the previous two season. Game management is awful, time management is still bad, and his management of when to be aggressive and be passive has no reasoning to it. Add in the antics of now throwing his coaching staff under the boss but refusing to even mention the refs shows his true personality. 

The dude is a snake, best example, I’ll jump in the lake if my record is this and that... dude waits until the summer to do it. 

Fee like Haslam and Dorsey made a deal to keep Hue in place for one more year. Feel like an agreement was made to allow Dorsey to get an offseason under his belt and get all the young talent in place and then it can be used as a selling point to get the best HC Dorsey, Highsmith, and Wolfe identify. Instead of breaking in a new coaching staff and a bunch of young talent. They are breaking in the talent now with solid DCs and OCs and so when the new coach is hired they can hit the ground running. Just a conspiracy theory 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

yeah but Hue came in thinking he'd be able to do it 

so I dont think that would deter him from wanting the job

better he not go to a team when there would be friction from day 1

Hue could have kept him on staff and told him I’m going to call plays and what not like the 9ers and Rams do with their OCs. If Flip has an issue, he prolly could have been let go. 

You just don’t let a coach like him go when he seemed like the only good young coach on that staff

Archived