• No
  2. 2. Davante Parker for 5th

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Sterling Shepherd for 2020 4th

• Yes
    • No

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'd love to give up a 2020 1st instead of 2019. 

2020 actually may be more valuable, as it is the year of Tua, but I think we could use the first rounder more this year.

We won't be picking that high in 2020, bruh.

4 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Right. That too.

Even so, having an opportunity for a Quinnen Williams or someone of his caliber would be awfully difficult to pass up. Like, THIS is the year we can solidify our defense for years to come.

That's why a 2nd this year and first next year. With that contract, there recent injury and the off field stuff, I wouldn't trade our first this year.

But Odell is a player 

Fans over value high draft picks and are far too comfortable trading for trash like Parker in the name of saving the high picks for the draft.

I would pay that price for Odell Beckham in a heartbeat. Every single receiver, TE and our QB would all get better with a true threat on the team. Unfortunately I don't think New York is remotely interested in trading him. 

Another guy I would love to target is Desean Jackson and I would go as high as a 3rd round pick for his services the next 25 games.

Can't move OBJ's signing bonus so it is still unrealistic that he gets traded this year, the Giants can't afford it. If they did figure out a way Eli certainly would have to be taken off of the books he would save them 4.5 million or so. They would still need to clear another $5 million plus and no other cut would save them as much as 1.5 so they would have to cut/trade 6-8 players just to be able to trade OBJ. Then you have to fill that roster spot with league minimum so then you have to clear space for those guys. Just can't happen unless they take punishment for being over the cap but I think the league would void any trade instead of punishing.

15 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

giphy.gif

I'm starting to think my profile might be a pigment--fat chicks need good breath too--of your profile's imagination; your gif game is conspicuously strong.

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No - High price for drama, will probably be highest of the high when things go well but will bring the whole team down when things are bad, don't want

Yes - 5th round flier, either him or Perriman can turn into something

Yes - Chemistry, consistency, cheap contract

I'd like Shepherd the most at the terms given for all these players. Shepherd has been injured and is nearing contract time so doubt he'd cost much more than that. Parker would be a fallback option. It could probably be a late 5th(?).

I don't think Odell is likely but just tossed it up there since there is talk.

55 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Fans over value high draft picks and are far too comfortable trading for trash like Parker in the name of saving the high picks for the draft.

I would pay that price for Odell Beckham in a heartbeat. Every single receiver, TE and our QB would all get better with a true threat on the team. Unfortunately I don't think New York is remotely interested in trading him. 

Another guy I would love to target is Desean Jackson and I would go as high as a 3rd round pick for his services the next 25 games.

I believe we could get Desean cheaper than that, so count me in.

48 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Can't move OBJ's signing bonus so it is still unrealistic that he gets traded this year, the Giants can't afford it. If they did figure out a way Eli certainly would have to be taken off of the books he would save them 4.5 million or so. They would still need to clear another $5 million plus and no other cut would save them as much as 1.5 so they would have to cut/trade 6-8 players just to be able to trade OBJ. Then you have to fill that roster spot with league minimum so then you have to clear space for those guys. Just can't happen unless they take punishment for being over the cap but I think the league would void any trade instead of punishing.

I could realistically see us going after Odell in the off-season for that price. I don't think he fetches as much as Mack with his contract, antics and position. I hope not, at least, as I doubt Dorsey would pay more. I hope he's secretly falling out of favor in NY.

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I could realistically see us going after Odell in the off-season for that price. I don't think he fetches as much as Mack with his contract, antics and position. I hope not, at least, as I doubt Dorsey would pay more. I hope he's secretly falling out of favor in NY.

Yeah that could happen, he will still cost them $16 million in dead money but his salary next year is 16.75 so they would save some pennies. The issue for this year is the $20 million loss against their 1.4 saving from his current salary. With them having less than $10 million in cap this year (after the other trades) it just isn't financially feasible. I have heard them talking about it being a good idea to trade him on TV/Radio  this year but they crazy.

Archived