GDT Week 8: Baltimore Ravens vs Carolina Panthers

DreamKid

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

Well, if this theory holds any water, it comes at the perfect time. The next 2 games basically decide our season. 

With how we went from a 4-2 to 4-4, we forced ourselves to win the next two games. 4-2 in the division is the only way we can get to the playoffs now.

Just now, berlin calling said:

uuuh... i'd say Marty the genius drew up those passing concepts right? and you believe he'd be good for Jackson? please no. just make it a clean cut. Rosenburg is the only one who actually does a decent job year in year out.

I don't know if Marty draws up the passing plays or if it's someone else. I know Greg Roman creates the running plays, but I don't know who creates the passing plays. Marty just calls them as far as I know.

Marty has experience with Vick in Philly and Greg Roman has experience with Kaep in SF. Both of those teams were very successful with mobile QB's on offense. So yeah, I do think there are worse options than Marty/Roman for #8.

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Well, if this theory holds any water, it comes at the perfect time. The next 2 games basically decide our season. 

Yup. I mean just think, we lost this game against the Panthers, they’re not in our division, so as long as we take care of our division, than at the end of the day, all we did was lose a game to a tough opponent that could potentially beat the other members of the AFC North.

We need to start passing the ball with LJax so that he has experience with that and can amplify our RPO sets with him in there.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup. I mean just think, we lost this game against the Panthers, they’re not in our division, so as long as we take care of our division, than at the end of the day, all we did was lose a game to a tough opponent that could potentially beat the other members of the AFC North.

We need to start passing the ball with LJax so that he has experience with that and can amplify our RPO sets with him in there.

Agreed. We know he can run, let him learn to pass the football.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Marty has experience with Vick in Philly and Greg Roman has experience with Kaep in SF. Both of those teams were very successful with mobile QB's on offense. So yeah, I do think there are worse options than Marty/Roman for #8.

i'd say Andy Reid was more of a reason for Vicks success in Phillie than MM. as i'd say Reid is the main reason for Mahomes success rather than his OC. so yes, i do believe Mornhinweg must go if LJ should become what he is capable of.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I'm just waiting for Flacco to bust out a slant on one of those plays when he normally just stands there. 

Things I'd like to see happen this week. 

- Add an RB, preferably Jamaal Charles

- Potentially made a trade for an offensive linemen. 

Just now, berlin calling said:

i'd say Andy Reid was more of a reason for Vicks success in Phillie than MM. as i'd say Reid is the main reason for Mahomes success rather than his OC. so yes, i do believe Mornhinweg must go if LJ should become what he is capable of.

That's fine with me, just keep Roman. Roman has shown he can design some of the best mobile QB runs in the league. If we need a new playcaller, so be it. I'm not overly attached to marty at all.

But it starts with the organization approach. We need to get younger and faster, this statement has been true for years and Ozzie/Harbaugh have ignored it. We can't ignore it any longer. 

WTF suddenly Hayden Hurst is wide open for a TD? ...I'm confused. I'm so confused.

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm just waiting for Flacco to bust out a slant on one of those plays when he normally just stands there. 

Things I'd like to see happen this week. 

- Add an RB, preferably Jamaal Charles

- Potentially made a trade for an offensive linemen. 

This ain't it, boss.

Short term solutions:

• Sure up the OL. We can't go into games with ONE reserve OL. That's unacceptable. If Hurst/Lewis can't do, we have to have alternatives.
  • Mosley cannot play 100% of defensive snaps. He needs to come out in favor of Kenny Young
  • Judon needs to come out in favor of Tim Williams, on a regular basis.
  • Tyus Bowser needs more snaps.
  • If none of those above things happen, then Anthony Levine needs to be covering RB's out of the backfield so Mosley can blitz or something, idk.
  • Get Boyle out of the lineup and start getting Hurst more involved in the passing game.
  • Simplify the running concepts so we're not running into multiple guys in the backfield.

Archived