Lions cut DT Sylvester Williams

TheKillerNacho

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Snacks and the 0-tech fit like a glove.  He's a great run stuff no matter if you put him at NT or 4-3 DT, but either way, DET can use him in the middle and feel good.  Like I said b4, he's a MASSIVE upgrade over Sly Williams.   And given DT/NT is the easiest position to learn when you are a run stuffer, I'd expect an immediate impact this week vs. SEA, given Snacks is used to playing a full game.  Fantastic trade/cut result here for DET.   Between this and playing Kerryon Johnson more, the DET FO/coaching staff are starting to show they have a clue, which is a refreshing change from the the past (and b4 DET fans take umbrage, I'm saying that with a DEN coaching staff that doesn't have a clue, so not throwing stones in a glass house lol).

100% on point about the Lions coaches 

On 10/26/2018 at 10:19 AM, Typical_Lions said:

Williams currently ranks as Pro Football Focus’ No. 78 overall defensive tackle in the league with a subpar score for run D

I don’t put a TON of stock into PFF but they have their uses. This would put him at like a good/solid rotational range assuming you take it st face value?

Archived