Seattle Seahawks (3-3) @ Detroit Lions (3-3)

showtime

o2y9Riz.jpg

Two 3-3 teams squaring off in week eight.  The Lions just traded for Snacks Harrison this past week.  I'm assuming he will be playing and he'll certainly help against the Seahawks rushing attack.  Right now, the Seahawks are the seventh seed, if I read that correctly.  The division is settled, but the Seattle can still be a factor in the wild card race.  An interesting tidbit is that the Seahawks secondary is ranked third in passing yards allowed per game and third in opponent passer rating - that's excellent.  The Lions have a formidable passing attack, so the battle between the Seahawks defensive backs and the Lions receivers will be an interesting point of focus while watching the game.

21 hours ago, animaltested said:

Funny to think that in week 2 this game looked like it would be a battle of cellar dwellers. Both teams rerouted their seasons, and are trending in the right direction. 

Seriously.  The Lions looked all-time bad vs the Jets and there were moments of pain watching the Seahawks play Denver.  Both teams have turned it around and this is a pretty big game at the half-way point for wildcard contention.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Seriously.  The Lions looked all-time bad vs the Jets and there were moments of pain watching the Seahawks play Denver.  Both teams have turned it around and this is a pretty big game at the half-way point for wildcard contention.

Frankly after the Jets and 49ers games I had written the season off when looking ahead at the schedule. The Jets game was probably top 5 worst Lions performances in the past 50 years. Given the Lions history how logically could anyone have a positive view.

It sounds like the Seahawks and Lions have had similar starts to the season.

While not a must win this is an important game for both squads. 4-3 looks much better than 3-4 with 9 games left.

Given the importance we may be treated to a very good game.

KJ Wright and Dickson will be huge for us, but I don't think we'll have the luxury of applying the pressure on Stafford given the Lions' healthy line is far superior to the Raiders' beat up line. 

That said, Detroit's run defense is atrocious and they have some of the worst linebackers in the NFL. This could be an offensive shootout, but I think Seattle will CONSTANTLY be pushing the run with Carson/Davis/Penny. That will be the best way to slow down Stafford and crew. This is really a must win for either team to have a shot at the playoffs. If Seattle can go 4-3 though, I think we're in the running given 5 of our last 7 games are home and we still have to play the terrible 49ers twice.

Tough part is we still have the Chargers, Chiefs, Rams, and Packers still ahead... some ridiculous offensive power there. That will challenge the hell out of our secondary.

20 hours ago, Sacks98 said:

Our pass defense is really going to be tested this Sunday hopefully we can pull off a win.

True.  Safford and the Lions passing attack is a very formidable test. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this secondary has played with the massive overhaul.

20 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Frankly after the Jets and 49ers games I had written the season off when looking ahead at the schedule. The Jets game was probably top 5 worst Lions performances in the past 50 years. Given the Lions history how logically could anyone have a positive view.

It sounds like the Seahawks and Lions have had similar starts to the season.

While not a must win this is an important game for both squads. 4-3 looks much better than 3-4 with 9 games left.

Given the importance we may be treated to a very good game.

This is a really big game for the Seahawks.  The race for the NFC West crown is already over with.  The best the Seahawks can do is is contend for a wildcard spot.  Whereas, the Lions have more options.  The NFC North is still very winnable for Detroit, but that division is insanely competitive.  Going 3-4 would be back breaking for either team at this juncture.

18 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

KJ Wright and Dickson will be huge for us, but I don't think we'll have the luxury of applying the pressure on Stafford given the Lions' healthy line is far superior to the Raiders' beat up line. 

That said, Detroit's run defense is atrocious and they have some of the worst linebackers in the NFL. This could be an offensive shootout, but I think Seattle will CONSTANTLY be pushing the run with Carson/Davis/Penny. That will be the best way to slow down Stafford and crew. This is really a must win for either team to have a shot at the playoffs. If Seattle can go 4-3 though, I think we're in the running given 5 of our last 7 games are home and we still have to play the terrible 49ers twice.

Tough part is we still have the Chargers, Chiefs, Rams, and Packers still ahead... some ridiculous offensive power there. That will challenge the hell out of our secondary.

Good point.  I expect a very heavy dose of Carson and Davis.  The Seahawks rushing attack has been much improved from last season.  With all that said, the Lions did trade for Snacks Harrison.  I know that's just one player, but he's the type of guy that can really help bolster the Lions run defense.

Archived