Trade Deadline

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yeah but I also think we have a gem in Watson. He looked good this offseason with route running and speed and hands. 

That is true he did look good, but I wouldn't mind getting rid of D-Jax. Winston just doesn't have chemistry with him at all and singing back Humps.

Winston - Godwin - Hump - Watson. 

10 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

Yeah I hope so too, but like you said Hump is definitely one of Winston favorite targets. 

I'd rather let him get paid somewhere else. We've got Evans, Godwin, Howard, and Brate (assuming DJax is gone next year). That's more than enough. Even Watson looked pretty good with Jameis throwing to him in the preseason.

Being six or seven deep in weapons is awesome. But we can allocate our salary cap a lot better. Especially with Godwin, Howard, and Watson on rookie contracts.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hump has 20 catches all of a sudden. He's no doubt one of Jameis' favorite weapons. If we do resign him, I hope it's not for more than like $5M.

I think if Humphries gets top 10 money for a slot guy, I think they resign him.  I have no idea who is the top slot guy being paid, Edelman?  I m guessing between 5-7 million per year probably is top 10 slot money.  Get Humphreys for 6 million  per year and cutting DJax salary gives a net gain of 6 million towards the cap.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd rather let him get paid somewhere else. We've got Evans, Godwin, Howard, and Brate (assuming DJax is gone next year). That's more than enough. Even Watson looked pretty good with Jameis throwing to him in the preseason.

Being six or seven deep in weapons is awesome. But we can allocate our salary cap a lot better. Especially with Godwin, Howard, and Watson on rookie contracts.

Thing is we still don’t know if Jameis is the future. If koetter and Licht are gone , I think Jameis gets one year to prove himself especially with the likes of the 2020 draft being qb strong.

FA - foles, Flacco , bridgewater could all be available. 

https://www.pewterreport.com/srs-fab-5-bucs-trade-rumors-winstons-turnovers-must-stop/2/

reading this article hits hits the nail on the head  winston continues to turn the ball over at the rate he’s on, the Bucs are going to continue losing  

if we are trying to build a strong team we shouldnt pay Jameis 20 mil

let him walk, any decent QB could have a field day with our weapons

its an atrocity that Djax is marginalized because Winston cant throw deep for $$$ish

Foles here would look real good......

Djax should be on the block with his salary if we keep Winston, like serioulsy no point 

McCoy can be shopped

we should be looking at some decent corners for real

Grimes for ware straight up would be awesome... or what about a guy like Chase Edmonds the Cardinals backup looked great in preseason, hes so shifty, we should really incorporate screens to our backs instead of the dumb WR screens we never execute on

what if we gave a 1st for Xavien Howard?

a 3rd for shady ?

3rd for Philip Lindsay?

2nd for Ryan Kerrigan?

3rd for Rashad jones ?

This is the time of year where proven guys are really devalued

24 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

because barber wouldnt start on any other team and Jones was a waste of a 2nd round pick maybe

Barber is far from the problem. Dude is literally getting hit as soon as he touches the ball. Aint no RB going to produce the way benenoch and jansen has been blocking.

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

Barber is far from the problem. Dude is literally getting hit as soon as he touches the ball. Aint no RB going to produce the way benenoch and jansen has been blocking.

i disagree, barber just isnt that good

doesnt help that we arent creative tho

maybe incorporate cross as a FB and run toss plays or out of the i

our wr core is set long term.  for a jameis led group, Evans, Godwin, hump, brate, Howard, and I think Watson is going to be good.  Maybe we can draft 1 speedy wr each draft for a possible homerun but all our focus needs to go online, dline, linebacker, corner, safety.

Oh I forgot kicker, damn aguayo

Barber, rojo, quizz is a good enough backfield. 

Order of importance

RG, RT,  K

MLB

DE

CB

SS

7 minutes ago, mld said:

Barber, rojo, quizz is a good enough backfield. 

Order of importance

RG, RT,  K

MLB

DE

CB

SS

no offense but that is not a good enough backfield

RB is still a need that requires at least a 3 round consideration

i see our needs as

CB/SS

G

T

MLB

if we keep Gmac we really dont need a DT

kicker is an afterthought , we should have signed Dan bailey when we had the chance

MLB  even if we dont resign Kwon Beck could play there and we should really see what David can do there

we have terrible corners and Evans is our only decent safety so thats need # 1 in my book

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

if we are trying to build a strong team we shouldnt pay Jameis 20 mil

let him walk, any decent QB could have a field day with our weapons

its an atrocity that Djax is marginalized because Winston cant throw deep for $$$ish

Foles here would look real good......

Djax should be on the block with his salary if we keep Winston, like serioulsy no point 

McCoy can be shopped

we should be looking at some decent corners for real

Grimes for ware straight up would be awesome... or what about a guy like Chase Edmonds the Cardinals backup looked great in preseason, hes so shifty, we should really incorporate screens to our backs instead of the dumb WR screens we never execute on

what if we gave a 1st for Xavien Howard?

a 3rd for shady ?

3rd for Philip Lindsay?

2nd for Ryan Kerrigan?

3rd for Rashad jones ?

This is the time of year where proven guys are really devalued

$20M for a starting QB is chump change. It's no big deal.

Foles sucks. He's a younger Fitz. He'll have a good streak of play and follow it up leaving you wondering how he's been in the NFL for so long.

I really doubt Grimes is going anywhere. He's like the oldest CB in the NFL and he's not even playing well.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Why on earth are fans even thinking about trading for a RB? The biggest need on the team on offense is GUARD. GET ME A DAMN GUARD.

Yup. I don't think it would matter who we put back there with this line. They are not a good run blocking group.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

I think you both make valid points. There are times when Jones and barber can’t even get room to run and times the lanes are open and they both miss them. Both are needs Bc RBs lack consistency in vision and RG is in need of an upgrade

Archived