Trade Deadline

bucsfan333

15 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

He was targeted 4 times in 52 attempts and played 45% of the snaps in the last game. I don’t think it’s a coincidence he’s requested a trade after that. Godwin is playing better right now and we’re targeting the TEs more frequently now than we did with Fitz.

He’s apparently quit on another team, but yeah, this definitely isn’t a Jackson problem.

Oh don’t get Me wrong. I said trade D-Jax last year but some people gave me flack for it. He seemed to have a good locker room rapport when Jameis was suspended. 

Winston sucks period. It’s 4 years in and we still have the same old song and dance. Inconsistency of bad accuracy and decision making. He still can’t improve with all these weapons yet some like you still get on their knees for him. 

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

would you be happy if you are capable of 70 yard bombs weekly with a competent QB and then cant get more than 2 catches and 30 yards with the "QB of the future"

It’s not just that but did you see the rapport and chemistry of this team with fitz in ? 

Jameis thinks his cheerleader approach and interceptions are leadership material. 

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

would you be happy if you are capable of 70 yard bombs weekly with a competent QB and then cant get more than 2 catches and 30 yards with the "QB of the future"

Whether I’d be happy or not in that situation is irrelevant.

The relevant point is whether I’m prepared to continue to work to build a better understanding with that QB. Jackson isn’t, so he took the easy option and demanded a trade.

Just now, Buc Ball said:

Whether I’d be happy or not in that situation is irrelevant.

The relevant point is whether I’m prepared to continue to work to build a better understanding with that QB. Jackson isn’t, so he took the easy option and demanded a trade.

right , but thats bc hes intelligent enough to see that things arent going to change here, and for him, its better to get out now

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

right , but thats bc hes intelligent enough to see that things arent going to change here, and for him, its better to get out now

So you’re acknowledging that he is quitting? I thought you said he wasn’t?

11 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

So you’re acknowledging that he is quitting? I thought you said he wasn’t?

Basically what he’s getting at is this bucs team and organization is blind continuing to think Jameis is the long term qb 

Dirk Koetter said he was going to roll with fitz going forward until he proved other wise. 

After one half of Chicago, he benched him and brought in Jameis who played worse. Fitz didn’t do anything to lose his job to a guy who was suspended after beating 2 very good teams and led a huge come back the week prior. 

It comes from the top and what was said affects the locker room believe it or not. 

To sum it up for you to understand buc ball, coaches basically said Jameis needed to earn his job back the way fitz was playing and made it public. 

Jameis never earned his job back. Had it given to him. 

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

It’s funny. I get flack for saying trade him Bc Jameis doesn’t know how to use him. 

Fitzpatrick comes in and the offense is down right scary. 

Jameis comes back and Jackson’s is obsolete. I think if we just had a solid qb who’s consistent with these weapons. 

What could have been. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Jackson made the comment earlier in the year saying they shouldn’t bench fitzpatrick the way he was playing. Winston came in and hasn’t played anywhere close to Fitzpatrick’s level which is sad really. 

Even though this team is 3-3 they continue the way they’re playing they’ll be lucky to win 1-2 more games and I think Jackson sees that this team is going nowhere with an inconsistent and inaccurate qb. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

COincedence that has happened after winston came in as QB? BEcause he was tearing it up with the deep ball the first three games with fitz. 

Fitz didn't hit a deep ball to anyone after week 2 I believe.  It's bc defenses finally saw that is all Fitz and this team can throw so they stopped it.  Fitz threw what 6 picks in 2 games.  And scored 3 points in a game, mostly bc teams took away the deep ball and he is downright putrid at throwing everything else.  

Jameis comes back and teams are already on notice and taking away the deep ball so now it's even harder to throw it for Jameis.  On top of all that the o-line is playing far worse not then in the first 2 games making an impossible task even more impossible.  

We have Godwin to replace D-Jackson.  I'd say trade him for a pick, or try and flip him for a DB or LB 

Archived