On paper, Where does the cowboys WR group rank?

DaBoys

I am not a big fan of Dak Prescott. I think he gets excused a little to much for having crappy WRs. I don't think they are that bad. Now that we have traded for Cooper, and before we've played a game, where do we rank on paper compared to the rest of the league? Because I think we continue to see Dak struggle, and I want some opinions on this WR group before Daks play influences them.

#1 WR: Amari Cooper

#2 WR: Michael Gallup

Slot: Cole Beasley

Possession WR: Allen Hurns

Speed WR: Tavon Austin

That group at 5 deep is pretty damn good imo. Where would you rank them top 20? 10? 5?

You also have to consider TE's which you have really nothing right now. 

Purely looking at WR's, maybe middle of the pack? Tavon Austin is still lol. Allen Hurns is basically a body. Cole Beasley, can be good, but hasn't for a while now aside from a game here and there.

Before Cooper came where did they rank?  One WR isn’t changing a team more than 4-5 spots unless they are AB / Julio / Hopkins level.   Cooper isn’t even at the next tier.  So yeah put me at bottom 6-7, but better from the 31-32 position they had before.  

I guess I'm higher on Gallup and Beasley than most. As far as slots go, I think Beasley has to be higher end compared to most teams slot guy. 

And Gallup is more potential, sure, but I think he is one of the best rookie WRs in the league. 

Then Amari Cooper.

Archived