Ownership Battle Looming

Broncofan

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

While they never let it on publicly, they had to know that the Keenum signing was a risk, hence the two-year, front-loaded deal they signed him to. The history of the NFL is laden with one-hit QB wonders and Case is far from the first one to flame out. I’ve said it several times that I think Elway really wanted to give the vets, several of whom took hometown discounts to stay here, one last chance at getting another ring. 

Now I think the writing is on the walls that after this year they’re going to blow the whole thing up. I wouldn’t be surprised to see sweeping changes made not only to the roster and coaching staff but I think a few of Elway’s lieutenants in the Front Office get shown the door. 

I am not so sure the whole thing needs to be blown up.  I am not even sure you need to get a franchise QB next season.  They need better coaching.  They need to turn their attention to making the defense better, because as long as Mahomes is in the division, the priority will be on stopping him.  Then you need to fortify the offensive line.  I'd let Keenum ride out his contract and make him the best paid backup QB in the league...

21 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I am not so sure the whole thing needs to be blown up.  I am not even sure you need to get a franchise QB next season.  They need better coaching.  They need to turn their attention to making the defense better, because as long as Mahomes is in the division, the priority will be on stopping him.  Then you need to fortify the offensive line.  I'd let Keenum ride out his contract and make him the best paid backup QB in the league...

Making us sit through another year of Keenum would be cruel. 

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Making us sit through another year of Keenum would be cruel. 

I don't know if he is THAT bad.  He had a great offensive line last season with the Vikes...put a halfway descent offensive line in front of him...maybe he can produce.  I mean he isn't top five, which is what we all want and deserve...but can he pull through until we can get a top five QB?? Polly.  I mean, let's not pretend that we are going to compete anytime soon with Mahomes in the division...I will admit dude if F***Cking good.  Gotta build a defense to subdue him...and then have a QB and coach who can out whit him...that is a two year process, so why not keep Keenum in place and then throw him into a backup role?

10 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I don't know if he is THAT bad.  He had a great offensive line last season with the Vikes...put a halfway descent offensive line in front of him...maybe he can produce.  I mean he isn't top five, which is what we all want and deserve...but can he pull through until we can get a top five QB?? Polly. 

Not many QB's get to play with good offensive lines in the NFL. Being able to play with pressure is part of the job description now. He's just a bad QB 

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

Not many QB's get to play with good offensive lines in the NFL. Being able to play with pressure is part of the job description now. He's just a bad QB 

I think he is a great back up...and the Viking had a good OL, really good coaching, and weapons...the broncos have 1/3 of those elements. 

Archived