Jets @ Bears Game Day Thread

WindyCity

I have been trying to figure out why I feel like I am going to claw my way up the walls and why everyone seems so on edge.

It just donned on me that because of the bye week it is 26 days since the last Bears win. It will be almost a month before the Jets game. No wonder some of us have been so down on the team.

This game is as close to a must win as we are going to get this season. This is a mediocre Jets team, with a rookie QB, no healthy weapons, and it is in Chicago.

It is made even more necessary when you see that the Packers [@Rams] are probably going to take a hard L, and the Vikings are hosting the Saints, which easily could be a loss.

I don't have much faith in this team right now because, well, there are SO many new pieces that they haven't built any equity with me.

We seem to like to ****** defeat out of the jaws of victory... is it because this team is young/new or because they are losers? I really don't know.

I expected the defense to be a top 10 unit and the past few weeks they have been anything but that. I did say before the season started that week 8 is a good point to look up and see where we are standing in terms of offense/defense/special teams. I'd love nothing more than to spank the Jets but I'm not holding my breath.

I think we win this game for sure. We have lost 2 in a row and I see Tru being lights out of the gate and connecting with Miller often. Jets are not a bad team at all and if they faced us after 3 game win streak I'd say they would have a fair shot of winning.

I think we're just hunger to prove we are a playoff team. 

20 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Windy- what is the context behind that Ryan Pace picture? Who took a picture of him looking through a door?

There was a point where he wasn't actually talking with the media while we were losing and was peering through the doorway. You have to get sick of finding ways to not say you were pretty much tanking and have a lame-duck coach about to get fired.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/chicago-bears-ryan-pace-george-mccaskey-john-fox/

The pick was after a loss to the Vikes in Oct.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

We seem to like to ****** defeat out of the jaws of victory... is it because this team is young/new or because they are losers? I really don't know.

So...****** is one of the words the auto-censor pounces on? Weird. 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

So...****** is one of the words the auto-censor pounces on? Weird. 

I didn't even realize that! ****** is a great movie too, I also love ****** after a long day's work

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

There was a point where he wasn't actually talking with the media while we were losing and was peering through the doorway. You have to get sick of finding ways to not say you were pretty much tanking and have a lame-duck coach about to get fired.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/chicago-bears-ryan-pace-george-mccaskey-john-fox/

Pace has made it a point since hes been here to not talk in season at all.  Once the football kicks off, the coach is the team media presence. The reason everybody was so upset about it last year is bc John Fox was an awful media presence and gave them nothing to write about, so the story became Pace isnt talking, even tho, since hes been a gm, he doesnt

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

This is hilarious. I wish someone would bring this up to Ryan and ask wtf he was doing.  

Archived