Jets @ Bears Game Day Thread

WindyCity

13 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Our running game has been solid to very good all year  ..  saying that Howard has had 'one good game so far' is just not accurate and such a statement is only offered in order to support a narrow minded narrative that JH can't produce in Nagys system  !  

Go back and watch the games, or even just box score scout and you can see that he hasn't been good so far this season. and no one said he can't produce just that he doesn't fit the offensive system.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

The inevitable has happened. It's been a Long time since he's been able to say healthy. How much Longer he lasts in the league before early retirement has become a legit question.

It's time for Daniels to learn on the fly.

Well Daniels started and played all game, so his time is already here.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The inevitable has happened. It's been a Long time since he's been able to say healthy. How much Longer he lasts in the league before early retirement has become a legit question.

Yup. Another year, another injury for 75. It’s too bad. He could have had a 10-12 year career. At least he got paid.

Just now, SLCbear said:

Uggh high ankle sometimes takes a WHILE  .. 

I suffered one decades ago and still feel it. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't put any pressure on it at all. Hell, one night I woke up in the middle of the night and stepped out bed and it just gave out. Woke up the whole house. 

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yup. Another year, another injury for 75. It’s too bad. He could have had a 10-12 year career. At least he got paid.

I mocked that we would cut Danny T but Long was right behind him...with this injury it might be time to save some money and use it on Whitehair instead.

3 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Go back and watch the games, or even just box score scout and you can see that he hasn't been good so far this season. and no one said he can't produce just that he doesn't fit the offensive system.

Ya man his #a are down and so are his touches ..  which I love  ! Splitting so much of the load with TC helps keep EVERYBODY healthy  !

We are going to need JH down the stretch  and then in playoffs  !

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I would like to see Braunecker put on a few pounds to help in blocking situations without sacrificing too much his quickness. Unless the staff just don't think he's ready yet. 

Wasn't Shaheen supposed to be back around now? Did I miss something? 

44 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Think Pace will need to find another guard in a hurry? 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I laughed at Jim Miller when he compared 10 to Young, but I'm really starting to see it.  We might have a QB throw for 3500 yards and rush for 1000.

Vince or Steve?

Rechecking your post and the 3,500 and 1,000 I assume it's Steve.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Shaheen is eligible to return to practice this week.  Eligible to play next week.  Hearing we may see him week 9.

I believe Biggs tweeted today that while Shaheen was working out again this morning, he was still hobbling around. I doubt he plays vs BUF.

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Wasn't Shaheen supposed to be back around now? Did I miss something? 

They signed Bryan Witzmann a few weeks ago

36 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe Coward is set to move to the reserve swing guard and Sowell is set to be the swing tackle? See how he handles stater talent on the inside to see if there will be a serious chance of him advancing to challenge for a starting role in 2019? Hell maybe they like what Witzmann has shown them. I have no clue abut him so I can't even speculate much there.

Incognito is insane so he won't get a look, Kouandjio can't handle speed but is strong might be a prospect as a reserve OG, Jahri Evans is collecting social security, Joeckel has physical gifts but has looked really bad at OT and OG, etc. Market has only a few people even worth looking at.

Archived