Jets @ Bears Game Day Thread

WindyCity

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And that’s why when Fangio said that his ankle had nothing to do with dropping him into coverage so much against NE was either 1) true but if it’s true, he should be fired because no one takes a game changing OLB and only rushes him for 14 times or 2) a lie which it obviously was and he should rest a game or two. If they can’t beat this depleted Jets team and that horrible Bills team without Mack, they’re ****ed anyway. I do see where you’re coming from though. These next two games are ultra important and so it makes even at even tougher call.

Good post.

I actually dont think it was bc of the injury.  I think it was about getting as many bodies in coverage against Tom Brady as you can.  Truth be told, they only gave up 24 points to a team that's been ripping of 38+ the last few weeks.  Hell they stopped Brady in the 2 min drill.  How many teams can say that.  I dont agree with the move but I understand it and you can't deny it was somewhat effective.

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I actually dont think it was bc of the injury.  I think it was about getting as many bodies in coverage against Tom Brady as you can.  Truth be told, they only gave up 24 points to a team that's been ripping of 38+ the last few weeks.  Hell they stopped Brady in the 2 min drill.  How many teams can say that.  I dont agree with the move but I understand it and you can't deny it was somewhat effective.

Brady scored 24 and was shorted three drives essentially. IMO, dropping Mack into coverage is inexcusable. Rush 4 and include your DPOY candidate in the four. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Brady scored 24 and was shorted three drives essentially. IMO, dropping Mack into coverage is inexcusable. Rush 4 and include your DPOY candidate in the four. 

Again I didnt agree with it, but I understand it.  Personally I wish he would use more zone dog concepts.  Disguise the 4 rushers.  Confuse the qb.

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

On the year the Patriots have scored on over 50% of their positions and against the Bears it was on 4 out of 10 positions. So they may have lost 2 positions at most. Mack on one ankle is a shell of himself.  I agree Fangio played to much coverage especially since the Bears have tackled poorly on short passes lately.

39 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

On the year the Patriots have scored on over 50% of their positions and against the Bears it was on 4 out of 10 positions. So they may have lost 2 positions at most. Mack on one ankle is a shell of himself.  I agree Fangio played to much coverage especially since the Bears have tackled poorly on short passes lately.

Yeah, I meant two. Patterson’s fumble and the quick Michel fumble

Archived