Preseason GDT: Falcons vs. Steelers

CWood21

After all of last year and the few preseason games this year. One huge improvement from Ryan is his evasiveness. He used to just eat a sack anytime pressure came his way. Now he seems way more confident and has shown the ability to elude and complete a throw. 

5 hours ago, Jgoldiscool said:

After all of last year and the few preseason games this year. One huge improvement from Ryan is his evasiveness. He used to just eat a sack anytime pressure came his way. Now he seems way more confident and has shown the ability to elude and complete a throw. 

I agree. I think that has been his biggest evolution as a QB and the thing that is going to cement his position as an elite QB.

2 hours ago, coors said:

I saw about 3 series in the 2nd quarter and that was about it. :/

First offensive drive of the game was pretty neat. 90 (+ change?) drive for a TD. Looked like watching the O during late season form last year. I gotta say I was impressed with Simms while he was playing with the second string as well. It wasn't untill the 3rd string Oline showed up that he started to struggle.
The first string defence also looked good but that might be because they face the Stealers 2nd string offensive weapons.

Only thing that really worried me was the protection of Bosher on punts. Would suck if he goes down. Also wondering what Truuu was doing covering a punt at some point :/

14 hours ago, Jgoldiscool said:

Honestly, I don't think the special teams is anything to worry about. Imo, I would say the special teams units are just a mish mash of players. Trying to get the fringe players all the time they can get and just trying new things out. 

The first team ST units look good. It's these 2nd and 3rd team units that are booty.

Archived