GDT: Week 7 Jets vs Bears

Bobby816

Some stats for the game...

On Offense We rank 27th in pass yards per game and 13th in rush yards per game. We're also 13th in the NFL in points per game

Chicago is 20th in the NFL in pass yards per game and 6th in the NFL in rush yards per game. They're also 6th in points per game.

On Defense We rank 21st against the pass and 14th against the run. And we're 16th in the NFL in points against.

Chicago is 18th against the pass and 4th against the run. They rank 11th in points against.

We will be hurting at WR for this one. Enunwa is ruled out and Robby is doubtful (a long shot to play). Doesn't bold well for us that Chicago is stout against the run with that WR group. Trumaine Johnson and Maye will be out in the secondary, but we do get back Skrine. Long is questionable and I hope he cant go. I'd like to see Harrison at least for a game instead of Long with the way he's been playing. Cannon will be taking over the receiving back duties in this one as well, with Powell done for the year and McGuire not back until next week.

In order to hang in this one... Kearse and Matthews are going to have to do something big. Herndon as well. We are throwing a garbage skill position group out there for Darnold against a good defense. We will need the defense to play even better than last week to keep us in this one IMO.

Final Prediction: Jets 13 Chicago 27

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Some stats for the game...

On Offense We rank 27th in pass yards per game and 13th in rush yards per game. We're also 13th in the NFL in points per game

Chicago is 20th in the NFL in pass yards per game and 6th in the NFL in rush yards per game. They're also 6th in points per game.

On Defense We rank 21st against the pass and 14th against the run. And we're 16th in the NFL in points against.

Chicago is 18th against the pass and 4th against the run. They rank 11th in points against.

We will be hurting at WR for this one. Enunwa is ruled out and Robby is doubtful (a long shot to play). Doesn't bold well for us that Chicago is stout against the run with that WR group. Trumaine Johnson and Maye will be out in the secondary, but we do get back Skrine. Long is questionable and I hope he cant go. I'd like to see Harrison at least for a game instead of Long with the way he's been playing. Cannon will be taking over the receiving back duties in this one as well, with Powell done for the year and McGuire not back until next week.

In order to hang in this one... Kearse and Matthews are going to have to do something big. Herndon as well. We are throwing a garbage skill position group out there for Darnold against a good defense. We will need the defense to play even better than last week to keep us in this one IMO.

Final Prediction: Jets 13 Chicago 27

Aren't you the bearer of bad news, I don't like the looks of the offseason either the FA period or the draft except for our first round pick. The draft I know we had to give up two second round picks to move up and get Darnold. It just looks like our franchise is snake bitten. I hate to be redundant but it has been four years of bad drafting by Mac that got us in this mess. You would think after all those mid & late round picks Macc made we would at least get one impact player. We got a couple of good players like Shell but he is no Marvin Powell. I don't no what else to blame it on.

Going to be another rough day for Darnold and the offense, but if our defense shows up, trubisky will make a ton of mistakes. 16-6 Bears. Our offense will struggle all day. I dont expect theirs to be very successful though either. I think it will be a closer game than last week.

7 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Khalil mack ruled out. This game just became more winnable. 

Mitchell Trubisky needs to be ruled out to make it winnable for Jets. eh?

Frankly, this touchdown-less WR corp needs to step up to make it possible for Jets to narrowly win the game.

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Mitchell Trubisky needs to be ruled out to make it winnable for Jets. eh?

Frankly, this touchdown-less WR corp needs to step up to make it possible for Jets to narrowly win the game.

Allen Robinson is out as well. 

Archived