Week 8 - those pirate people

theJ

Since @MrCincinnati decided to disappear on us, this is our gameday thread.

Will the offense show back up?

Will they decide to use Joe Mixon?

Will the defense actually pressure a QB?

Make a 3rd down stop?

Can they stop punting from the 40 yard line to get 18 yards of field position?

So many interesting story lines to follow.

So i spent the day with the kid not opening anything on my phone so I could watch the game without knowing anything about the game when it drops on game pass later tonight. We got back home and I turned the TV on so she could watch a movie or something and it just happens to be on live TV AND just happens to be on fox AND in bonus coverage. Which means I watched the two minute drive at the end of the game and the field goal to win it. So what the hell did I miss?

11 hours ago, Futbudds said:

So i spent the day with the kid not opening anything on my phone so I could watch the game without knowing anything about the game when it drops on game pass later tonight. We got back home and I turned the TV on so she could watch a movie or something and it just happens to be on live TV AND just happens to be on fox AND in bonus coverage. Which means I watched the two minute drive at the end of the game and the field goal to win it. So what the hell did I miss?

A huge first half, then Marvin tell the offense to crawl into its shell.  Defense disappeared too once Fitz replaced Winston.  Eerily similar to the Baltimore game.

22 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

A huge first half, then Marvin tell the offense to crawl into its shell.  Defense disappeared too once Fitz replaced Winston.  Eerily similar to the Baltimore game.

Including going for it on 4th down a few times.  It's sad what happens to this offense when they get a lead.  This team under Marvin never could go for the throat.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

They didn't disappear. They were always there. Winston just sucked and made us look decent and Fitzpatrick was far better and exposed our true colors.

I still don't get the lack of blitzing.  We did it well in the preseason and now we've completely abandoned it.

Also, why the hell is Hardy Nickerson getting any snaps?  One of the worst LBs I've seen.  We need to get Malik Jefferson some snaps.  I know he'll make mistakes but he'll make plays as well, unlike Nickerson whose a complete waste... 

44 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I still don't get the lack of blitzing.  We did it well in the preseason and now we've completely abandoned it.

They've blitzed a lot in some games.  And it killed them (see; Pittsburgh).

Really i'm not sure there's much that can save this defense.  They can't stop the run, and the LB's are too bad to avoid getting killed in the middle of the field.  I think it's mostly Austin tbh, and here's why:

We all know they have talent galore on the line, and the secondary has some individuals that are impressive.  But they can't translate it into any sort of success.  So at that point, there's really only one person to blame...

Archived