Week 8 - those pirate people

theJ

4 hours ago, theJ said:

They've blitzed a lot in some games.  And it killed them (see; Pittsburgh).

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I thought for the Steelers that one zero blitz at the end killed them, but they aren't blitzing a lot generally.  Just rushing their base 4 mainly...

12 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I thought for the Steelers that one zero blitz at the end killed them, but they aren't not blitzing a lot generally.  Just rushing their base 4 mainly...

I'd be lying if i said i had watched more than 6 quarters of football this year.  But i thought i saw a stat after the Steelers game where Ben's QB rating against a standard 4 man rush was like 80, and against the blitz was something like 130.  Don't have time to dig it up right now though.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'd be lying if i said i had watched more than 6 quarters of football this year.  But i thought i saw a stat after the Steelers game where Ben's QB rating against a standard 4 man rush was like 80, and against the blitz was something like 130.  Don't have time to dig it up right now though.

Steelers game, I'm actually fine with whatever we do.  We seem to play them relatively well defensively.  It's every other game that annoys me...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I thought for the Steelers that one zero blitz at the end killed them, but they aren't not blitzing a lot generally.  Just rushing their base 4 mainly...

Which would make sense is we could cover, but we can't. We might as well blitz the majority of the snaps so at least we'll have a chance at pressure. 

4 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Side note, Paul Alexander was already fired from the Cowboys. 

That's incredible.  With one team for what, like 20 seasons?  They finally let him go because it had become too painfully obvious he wasn't good at his job.  Next team fires him after 8 games.  Just wow.

15 hours ago, theJ said:

That's incredible.  With one team for what, like 20 seasons?  They finally let him go because it had become too painfully obvious he wasn't good at his job.  Next team fires him after 8 games.  Just wow.

Looked it up.  He was with the Bengals for 27 years.

Bengals might have been a slow to move on...

21 hours ago, theJ said:

Looked it up.  He was with the Bengals for 27 years.

Bengals might have been a slow to move on...

That is mind blowing. Took the Bengals years to cut the cord. Other teams realize how bad he is and move on right away. Hence why we stuck with terrible C forever and refuse to make changes when needed. 

Archived