Week 8 - other games

CriminalMind

1 hour ago, Robb_K said:

No he's not.  It's just that The Vikings have worse than average run blocking, and The Redskins have one of the very best run-blocking OL in The NFL.  Peterson gets caught behind the line quite a bit the last 3 years.  He's lost some speed in his first step and his acceleration, and he's also slower once he gets to running free downfield.  Five years ago he would have gotten farther away from his pursuers in today's late game TD.  This time, he was caught before reaching the goal line, but they couldn't bring him down until after he crossed it.  Don't tell me that The Vikings would be better off with AD than cook.

Oh, I was joking, evident by the emoticon! Cook is slowed down from the injuries right now, but at full health I'd still take him over AD (on most days)

I don't like the looks of The packers/Rams game.  Packers will have the ball down 27-29, with 2:00 left.  But, The Packers fumble the kickoff, and The Rams recover!!!  Still, The Rams NEED to get it into The End Zone!  Stupid play by Montgomery to carry the ball out of The End Zone.  Might be a nice "reprieve" for The Vikings.   But, The Vikings NEED desperately to win their game, regardless.

1 minute ago, Robb_K said:

I don't like the looks of The packers/Rams game.  Packers will have the ball down 27-29, with 2:00 left.  But, The Packers fumble the kickoff, and The Rams recover!!!  Still, The Rams NEED to get it into The End Zone!  Stupid play by Montgomery to carry the ball out of The End Zone.  Might be a nice "reprieve" for The Vikings.   But, The Vikings NEED desperately to win their game, regardless.

I think the Rams will simply run out the clock

2 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I think the Rams will simply run out the clock

They'll have to make a 1st down to do that.  I hope they can, but it doesn't look like they will.  I've had WAYYYYY TOOOOO many heartbreaking moments from ........

But Gurley makes the first down!!!!  So you are right!!!

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

All over social media I see people talking about how well the Packers’ defense played. They allowed 27 points (which easily could have been 34). Not sure that’s a good thing to hear. 

1. Only second time Rams held under 30 points this season.
2. 416 yards is 3rd fewest for Rams this season.

Two possibilities I can see. It's about perspective. Allowing 400 yards to Rams wouldn't be viewed same way as allowing 400 yards to Bills, nor should it.

Archived