Jump to content
turtle28

DJ Swearinger PFF top rated S

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

In all honesty, I just think this teams scouting department has gotten much much better. 

It started with McCloughan, and I'm glad they've kept some of his hires and philosophies in play.  It also helps when you are consistently near the bottom of the league or in the middle for so long, you get a decent spot in the draft.  Also, drafting BPA in quite a bit of instances instead of drafting based off combine numbers and other measurables.  I remember the draft where we had Fred Davis, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, and that was a bust of a draft.  

Look at McCloughans first draft, and with the exception of Matt Jones and his fumble-itis, lots of production.  Scherff came in as the #1 graded OL in the draft, performed every game every year.  Jamison Crowder was the ACC's all-time reception leader when he came to us.  Martrall Spaight, who lasted until the last round of cuts this year, led the SEC in tackles when we drafted him.  Preston Smith was first-team All-SEC and played in just about every role a front seven play could envision for Miss State.  Kyshoen Jarrett was the first in a long line of nickle corners who have come in and starred early.  

So whatever he did and implemented, they've kept it and made improvements to it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

In all honesty, I just think this teams scouting department has gotten much much better. 

To be serious (for once), you're probably right. I did hear the guys on WJFK the other night talking about how Kyle Smith (currently Director of College Scouting, previously SE Regional Scout) apparently has a lot more pull in the front office.

Also heard that the Scot McCloughan settlement loss the Redskins faced could cause Allen to be on the hot seat.

 

 

pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease (but knowing our luck, it's just rumors and nothing will come of it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Kyshoen Jarrett was the first in a long line of nickle corners who have come in and starred early.  

And if not for a freak, career ending nerve injury would likely still be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Woz said:

To be serious (for once), you're probably right. I did hear the guys on WJFK the other night talking about how Kyle Smith (currently Director of College Scouting, previously SE Regional Scout) apparently has a lot more pull in the front office.

Also heard that the Scot McCloughan settlement loss the Redskins faced could cause Allen to be on the hot seat.

 

 

pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease (but knowing our luck, it's just rumors and nothing will come of it)

Kyle Smith they gave the juice too because after losing McVay they weren’t doing that twice. This guy clearly gets gruden!!! Also he’s clearly sticking to the board of getting tough physical guys over the flash guys!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Woz said:

Also heard that the Scot McCloughan settlement loss the Redskins faced could cause Allen to be on the hot seat.

I thought McCloughan lost that case?  I could be reading your post wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I thought McCloughan lost that case?  I could be reading your post wrong.

Huh. Heard it reported on WJFK as the other way, but seeing that the Redskins did win.

I should know better than to trust Chris Russell. He's about as useful for inside information as JLC was. Foolish Woz, no biscuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×