Four Jaguars DBs arrested in London for bar fight

pwny

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just seems irresponsible when these teams are making you part of the Top 0.1% of wealth in the country. They are paying you for your bodies to perform. Even 48-72 hours there are still gonna be effects on your body, even if you don’t notice. It’s not gonna operate at peak 100%.

You can say the same about people who drink&drive and operate forklifts, People who smoke weed 2 hours before they go to work etc etc.

Yeah NFL players are paid more but they're not going to be any different than your average person. 

People will do stupid things regardless of how well they're paid, see Jim Irsay or any celebrity with an addiction. 

You're not wrong though, it's stupid but people do it anyway.

19 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

You can say the same about people who drink&drive and operate forklifts, People who smoke weed 2 hours before they go to work etc etc.

Yeah NFL players are paid more but they're not going to be any different than your average person. 

People will do stupid things regardless of how well they're paid, see Jim Irsay or any celebrity with an addiction. 

You're not wrong though, it's stupid but people do it anyway.

The difference here is NFL players are being paid for physical performance with their body which is hindered by alcohol, even if only a minimal amount. It’s like your stealing money. 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Literally like 12 hours before kick-off.

You'd think a vet like Barry Church would know better

But I guess stupid is stupid

You can take Barry Church out of Dallas, but you can't take the Dallas out of Barry Church. 

55 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

You'd be amazed how quick clients can rack up high tabs because they don't even check what they're ordering.

They say "give me your most expensive booze" thinking it's at max a grand. It's 10k a pop when they get their bill and suddenly they feel cheated, no one told them and they're already drunk at that point. It's never been fun to sort out.

Drunk people make stupid decisions, and they're not millionaires these guys are bottom feeders roster wise. 

You'd be amazed what people will do hours before important meetings/events. Drinking before a game is way more common, plus booze isn't the worst thing NFL players are putting in their bodies by a long shot.

Hayden is under contract for like 5 million this season and is "a nickle corner so maybe a starter).  Church is like 6 or 7 million this season and is a starter. Harrison is a 3rd round rookie so not a millionare but not no broke UDFA.  Wilson is the only bottom feeder IMO whos really just a STer and backup of the backup SS

21 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Marrone can't control a locker room for more than one season. Same thing that happened in Buffalo.

It's not really fair to put this one on the coach at all. This was bad decision made by the players themselves.

It's also worth noting that players traveling across seas are more than likely looking at this like a vacation and treating it as such. Poor timing yes, but I can't imagine they get to London very often.I also gotta believe these 4 players were not the only ones who went out that night either. Nor were they the first, or be the last. This happens all the time. We just don't ever hear about it until something happens.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Slightly better... but if I’m getting millions of dollars to perform for someone I’m not putting a technically poisonous substance in my body within 72 hours. 

That's easy to claim when you're not put in that position or living their lives. 

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's not really fair to put this one on the coach at all. This was bad decision made by the players themselves.

Absolutely fair comment.

But how accountable the coach and GM/Prez make players, that's all on them.   It's a tough situation, because this is a must-win game.  But let's say Marrone & Coughlin do nothing - does that jibe with their supposed tough, no-nonsense philosophy?   JAX's biggest problem last year was their D's propensity to take stupid unnecessary penalties.  Now, some of that comes with the territory of creating an attacking D (DEN 2015 had that same issue at times).  But you have to create some semblance of accountability if you want the players to play smarter in the long run.  Will JAX's coaches be able to do that if they let the players play, without any real repercussions?   

Thing is, if there were 5-2, easy to make a statement and inactivate/suspend Church and Hayden.  But with this being a must-win game...man, tomorrow's inactive announcement will be something ppl will actually look forward to hearing, and the game start when JAX D takes the field, will be fascinating to see what Marrone & co. do here.

15 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's also worth noting that players traveling across seas are more than likely looking at this like a vacation and treating it as such. Poor timing yes, but I can't imagine they get to London very often.I also gotta believe these 4 players were not the only ones who went out that night either. Nor were they the first, or be the last. This happens all the time. We just don't ever hear about it until something happens.

That's easy to claim when you're not put in that position or living their lives. 

If I’m getting paid to do a job, I’m not gonna handicap myself doing that job, especially being that much money. Some people definitey fee entitled though, no doubt. 

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Absolutely fair comment.

But how accountable the coach and GM/Prez make players, that's all on them.   It's a tough situation, because this is a must-win game.  But let's say Marrone & Coughlin do nothing - does that jibe with their supposed tough, no-nonsense philosophy?   JAX's biggest problem last year was their D's propensity to take stupid unnecessary penalties.  Now, some of that comes with the territory of creating an attacking D (DEN 2015 had that same issue at times).  But you have to create some semblance of accountability if you want the players to play smarter in the long run.  Will JAX's coaches be able to do that if they let the players play, without any real repercussions?   

Thing is, if there were 5-2, easy to make a statement and inactivate/suspend Church and Hayden.  But with this being a must-win game...man, tomorrow's inactive announcement will be something ppl will actually look forward to hearing, and the game start when JAX D takes the field, will be fascinating to see what Marrone & co. do here.

I agree 100% on after-action repercussions behind close doors and that the FO should use this instance an example of preventative measures. Afterall, they're all essentially ambassadors of the organization.

but I just don't think Marrone should be looked at as a coach with no control all because a few of his players (unwisely) went out one night and acted a fool in London.

And yes, it is going to be interesting to see how they approach this. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The difference here is NFL players are being paid for physical performance with their body which is hindered by alcohol, even if only a minimal amount. It’s like your stealing money. 

Not at all no but sure.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Hayden is under contract for like 5 million this season and is "a nickle corner so maybe a starter).  Church is like 6 or 7 million this season and is a starter. Harrison is a 3rd round rookie so not a millionare but not no broke UDFA.  Wilson is the only bottom feeder IMO whos really just a STer and backup of the backup SS

Fair.

Archived