OL: Bakh/Bulaga/Taylor/Linsley/Evans/Barclay/Murphy/Spriggs/Amichia [9/23]

DL: Daniels/Clark/Lowry/RJF/Price/Ringo [6/29]
OLB: Perry/Matthews/Fackrell/Elliott/Gilbert/Brooks [6/35]
ILB: Ryan/Martinez/Thomas [3/39]
CB: House/Randall/Rollins/Gunter/King/Hawkins [6/45]
S: Haha/Burnett/Jones/Brice/Evans [5/50]

ST: Crosby/Vogel/Goode [3/53]

IR/SUSP/PUP: Allison/Biegel/Adams

Allison bumps Amichia to the PS after week 1.  Biegel and Adams will bump anyone that has been brought up due to other injuries.  BIegel on PUP around week 6-7, Adams after IR (assuming he is ready to play) in week 9-10.

Just do not see the value of keeping a 6th WR with the added pieces at TE and the ability of Monty to flex out from the RB position.  

Matthews can slide into ILB if needed with Brooks in the mix at OLB should another body be needed there.  

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

OL: Bakh/Bulaga/Taylor/Linsley/Evans/Barclay/Murphy/Spriggs/Amichia [9/23]

I like the roster, but the OL part is interesting to me

IF Barclay isn't ready to go week one, then who would the Packers need to have active on Sunday to cover all 5 OL spots ?

Do you activate just Spriggs, or is Murphy the better call at RT and potentially RG ? With Bulaga coming back from injury, you might have to activate both Murphy and Spriggs week 1. Who is the back up Center ? Amichia is the only non-Barclay candidate on this roster, not sure he's ready at Center or Guard. Barclay's ankle might influence some OL decisions on the cutdowns and waiver claims.

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

IF Barclay isn't ready to go week one, then who would the Packers need to have active on Sunday to cover all 5 OL spots ?

Do you activate just Spriggs, or is Murphy the better call at RT and potentially RG ? With Bulaga coming back from injury, you might have to activate both Murphy and Spriggs week 1. Who is the back up Center ? Amichia is the only non-Barclay candidate on this roster, not sure he's ready at Center or Guard. Barclay's ankle might influence some OL decisions on the cutdowns and waiver claims.

Not sure how Barclay's injury affects things.  How injured is he?  Can Taylor take OC snaps?  Maybe they keep someone just for the backup OC for the first few weeks.

10 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I think it shows he isn't healthy, or at least shouldn't be counted on to suit up against the Seahawks (and potentially the next few games or so).  That means that Lucas Patrick probably is active on gamedays, since I don't think anyone else has snapping experience.  Obviously, the starting 5 are active as is Patrick and the last one likely comes down to Spriggs/Murphy.  My guess is Spriggs.  Maybe you have 7 active?

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

Not sure how Barclay's injury affects things.  How injured is he?  Can Taylor take OC snaps?  Maybe they keep someone just for the backup OC for the first few weeks.

I don't think you keep 10 OL, unless you're being forced to keep one active.  8 is usually the magic number, although you keep 9 if you like someone developmentally.  Adding a 10th is overkill IMO, unless you're forced to which is probably the case with Lucas Patrick.

Well, who is out? 8 takes you from 53 to the game day 45. I'll assume that Montravius Adams is on IR and Brooks is active by game time.

1.  Barclay

2.  Elliott

3.  Hawkins or Pipkins

4.  McCray

5.  RJF or Ringo

6.  One of the RBs

7.  Evans or Jones, or Brice if he is still hurt

8.  Murphy or Spriggs, or another RB

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think it shows he isn't healthy, or at least shouldn't be counted on to suit up against the Seahawks (and potentially the next few games or so).  That means that Lucas Patrick probably is active on gamedays, since I don't think anyone else has snapping experience.  Obviously, the starting 5 are active as is Patrick and the last one likely comes down to Spriggs/Murphy.  My guess is Spriggs.  Maybe you have 7 active?

I assume they were forced to keep 10 because of the C situation. Barclay isn't ready; Patrick hasn't cleared concussion protocol, so next man up is McCray. Once Barclay or Patrick is ready, McCray will be gone. If the timing is right, that will open a spot for Geronimo. Still waiting to see if they can upgrade C/G, then all three are on the bubble, but I think Patrick may stick no matter what, if/when he ever clears concussion protocol. IMHO he's a pretty good G prospect and may be the eventual replacement for Evans.

Archived