Week 8: Seahawks @ Lions

Lionized

10 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Yeah and? 

He was wondering where your Kermit picture is?

Your right though, tough loss about everything wrong with the Lions was pretty much exposed this game. Russell Wilson looked like a surgeon back there. Players I don't believe in like Abduallah/Tabor contributed big time to the loss as well and kind of snowballed late. 

Didn’t even watch the 4th quarter.

I know Stafford and his comebacks and all that but there was no energy or urgency in the team this week. We were dead from the get go.

I’ve spent too much of my life watching the minutes countdown in the 4th quarter of a Lions loss.

I’m rewatching the game (I’m a glutton for punishment I guess) but IMO the biggest thing that killed this game was the pass rush. We didn’t have enough to make the plays that needed to be made. Instead, we had the chance to close the deal but Wilson extended the play and found the open man. I will say that Wilson definitely played lights out but if we had some real pass rush threats this game would have been very different. 

I do think Jones has woken up. He’s been pretty quiet for the year but IMO him, Harrison and Davis were about the only ones who weren’t consistently outmuscled. 

I think Wagner was in Tate’s head. Wagner hit him quite a few times and his demeanor definitely read like someone defeated. 

All night long the Seahawks dared Stafford to take it outside. They constantly pushed towards making it a skinny pocket on him and he never seemed comfortable. When he would move and avoid a few tackles, there was something there but it seemed like he stuck too hard to staying in the pocket and finding the open man. 

Golladay just seemed to be glued down. Didn’t see much separation there. 

Snacks played pretty dang well, I’d say. David had a fairly good game too. He played tough, fought off blocks pretty well and played fast. He had a few mistakes too but at least it didn’t seem like he got his *** kicked. 

Tabor was absolutely abused. It seemed like even on plays Wilson didn’t throw at him he was still owned. 

I think our needs are pretty apparent and mostly on defense. We lost time of possession because our defense couldn't get off the field. We need pass rushers, speed in our linebacking corp, and size/speed in our secondary. We've needed a number 2 corner for awhile. Tabor/Lawson are not it. Abdullah fumbling that return really shifted momentum and we never got it back.

Archived