2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It's also very easy to shed some money if we need to. I haven't looked but I remember nearly all of the FAs we brought in last year have early outs after 1-2 years.

Exactly, and with the trades and signings we've made this year we've kept to the same plan.  Vernon, Beckham, Richardson, if we need the money we can cut all of them with little to no repercussions...ya know...aside from fan backlash if we cut Beckham :-P

My stat predictions

Obj 80 receptions 1350 yards 10 tds

Callaway 60 receptions 1000 yards 8 tds

Juice 80 receptions 800 yards 5 tds

Higgins 40 receptions 500 yards 5 tds

Njoku 70 receptions 800 yards 9 tds

Chubb 1200 yards rushing 10 tds 200 receiving 2 tds

Hunt 500 yards rushing 300 receiving 4 tds

Garret 15 sacks

Vernon 10 sacks

Avery 7 sacks

Ogbah 4 sacks

Larry 6 sacks

Sheldon 4 sacks

Sacksonville of the north.

Edited by Kiwibrown
Edited for negative Nancy x2 2nd edit for a lack of faith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

My stat predictions

Obj 80 receptions 1400 yards 10 tds

Callaway 60 receptions 1050 yards 8 tds

Juice 80 receptions 800 yards 5 tds

Higgins 45 receptions 600 yards 5 tds

Njoku 70 receptions 850 yards 9 tds

Chubb 1200 yards rushing 10 tds 200 receiving 2 tds

Hunt 500 yards rushing 300 receiving 4 tds

Garret 15 sacks

Vernon 10 sacks

Avery 7 sacks

Ogbah 4 sacks

Larry 6 sacks

Sheldon 4 sacks

Sacksonville of the north.

Would Baker complete any passes to Demetrius Harrison? Jalen Strong? Duke Johnson? or any other recievers?

Because as it is you have him at 5200 yards which is good for 5th all time behind the following

Brees 2011 - 5476

Brady 2011 - 5235

Manning 2013 - 5477

Brees 2016 - 5208

If he has as little as 36 recieving yards to anyone else that puts him at 3 all time...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Would Baker complete any passes to Demetrius Harrison? Jalen Strong? Duke Johnson? or any other recievers?

Because as it is you have him at 5200 yards which is good for 5th all time behind the following

Brees 2011 - 5476

Brady 2011 - 5235

Manning 2013 - 5477

Brees 2016 - 5208

If he has as little as 36 recieving yards to anyone else that puts him at 3 all time...

No.

That would Stanton in the blowouts.

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Mahomes hit 5.1k with two great weapons.

We can get to 5.4 with ours

Whats weird is that I heard somebody (Mary Kay maybe?) say that Freddie wants a run first type of offense and establish the run to open the pass. Which makes going after Hunt more understandable even with Chubb.

I dont think this is going to be a spread like NO/GB that throws 40x per game to 10 different guys just because we have legit weapons now. I see a lot more balance than maybe some are expecting even with OBJ/Landry/Njoku/Callaway/Higgins

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Whats weird is that I heard somebody (Mary Kay maybe?) say that Freddie wants a run first type of offense and establish the run to open the pass. Which makes going after Hunt more understandable even with Chubb.

That would be moronic, my expectation is 55-60% pass and 3 we sets as base personal.

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think this is going to be a spread like NO/GB that throws 40x per game to 10 different guys just because we have legit weapons now. I see a lot more balance than maybe some are expecting even with OBJ/Landry/Njoku/Callaway/Higgins

That would be like owning a Ferrari and taking a pick up out to dinner on  first date.

57 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I don't know our new OC does like to spread it out and has been known to be a bit of a pass 1st kind of offense. I know Kitchens will be calling th plays but the OC will have some influence or what was the point of hiring him at all? 

Edited by buckeyesNut0623