2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just a philosophy question. How important are linebackers? Unless he’s a Luke Keuchly, do you want to spend major bucks on him? I want Schobert back, but I won’t cry if we cut a guy like Kirksey next year. It’s all about the pass rushers and secondary. 

No more or less important than most other positions tbh.

If they’re excellent, you pay them.  If you have a high payroll and need to keep more impactful players, they go.

Id honestly expect Dorsey to draft a Lb or two and let them develop for a year before moving on.

Next year in FA we should be looking for comp picks.

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just a philosophy question. How important are linebackers? Unless he’s a Luke Keuchly, do you want to spend major bucks on him? I want Schobert back, but I won’t cry if we cut a guy like Kirksey next year. It’s all about the pass rushers and secondary. 

Sho and Kirk are nice upper tier starters but I wouldn’t pay them double figures each. Ones gotta go. Preferable kirk. He was good when we were garbage and it made since to pay him back then but not now. He’s JAG. If sho misses a league leading amount of tackles again I wouldn’t break the bank. 

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sho and Kirk are nice upper tier starters but I wouldn’t pay them double figures each. Ones gotta go. Preferable kirk. He was good when we were garbage and it made since to pay him back then but not now. He’s JAG. If sho misses a league leading amount of tackles again I wouldn’t break the bank. 

You made a great point about tackling. New England doesn’t have elite players on defense, but they are elite at tackling. If our guys can’t improve their tackling it doesn’t matter.

Gosh.

This is the first time ever that I don’t really care about the draft. It’s a complete 180 from past seasons where that was ALL I cared about. Dorsey will do magic, but he’s already got an A+ for this offseason. Obviously OBJ is the main headline, but he got o-line depth and added good players to the defensive line. Oh and Kareem Hunt.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Gosh.

This is the first time ever that I don’t really care about the draft. It’s a complete 180 from past seasons where that was ALL I cared about. Dorsey will do magic, but he’s already got an A+ for this offseason. Obviously OBJ is the main headline, but he got o-line depth and added good players to the defensive line. Oh and Kareem Hunt.

Is it August yet? 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sho and Kirk are nice upper tier starters but I wouldn’t pay them double figures each. Ones gotta go. Preferable kirk.

I would think more in terms of both of them going.

Sho's saving grace is his ability to cover, which is worth a lot, but the dude cannot tackle.

OBJ was 3rd among WRs in breaking tackles. Chubb and Hunt were both top 10 in breaking tackles. New England was the best team in the NFL at tackling. I know it’s simple, but this is a tackling sport. I will be shocked if our defense doesn’t get major coaching on tackling next year.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Jarvis was 3rd among WRs in breaking tackles. Chubb and Hunt were both top 10 in breaking tackles. New England was the best team in the NFL at tackling. I know it’s simple, but this is a tackling sport. I will be shocked if our defense doesn’t get major coaching on tackling next year.

We have one of the better LB coaches in the league now. A big upgraded from our previous nepotism. 

• Like 1

So far, I’ve yet to see a legitimate reason why the Browns will be worse next year. There is zero argument for it.

So at worst, with all of our additions we don’t improve at all. Which I highly doubt happens. Even before we added guys you would have to feel Baker doesn’t improve at all and the rest of the team doesn’t improve.

Edited by candyman93

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

So far, I’ve yet to see a legitimate reason why the Browns will be worse next year. There is zero argument for it.

So at worst, with all of our additions we don’t improve at all. Which I highly doubt happens. Even before we added guys you would have to feel Baker doesn’t improve at all and the rest of the team doesn’t improve.

I’m excited to play the NFC West man

Seattle and Rams will be our toughest games, but theyre both at home so that helps. 

AFC East should be a walk through

I don’t want to sleep on Cinci they’re a better team than they played like last year.