2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

5 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Does anyone remember which national media members had Mayfield to Cleveland at #1 leading up to the draft?

Not a media guy, but one ultra cool poster here called that shot way early.

When everyone was swinging from Darnold’s short and curlys, I was saying if we want a qb to play sooner rather than later, then that Qb is hands down Baker mayfield.  If you want a qb to sit and develop with near unlimited potential but more risk, then Josh Allen is your guy.

Edited by DizzyDean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Not a media guy, but one uktra cool poster jere called that shot way early.

When everyone was swinging from Darnold’s short and curlys, I was saying if we want a qb to play sooner rather than later, then that Qb is habds down Baker mayfield.  If you want a qb to sit and develop with near unlimited potential but more risk, then Josh Allen is your guy.

I figured you didn't like Tayne and his Winger shirt, but apparently you're a big fan (of Winger); Tayne did indeed endorse Baker early on.

Edited by NudeTayne
Mood: humbled

The Mayfield national buzz to Cleveland at 1 didn't even start until a couple days before the draft if I remember correctly.  BILs and friends of BILs were the only ones in the know on that one.  It was Sammy and then the crazies that thought Josh Allen at 1 was likely or a good idea.  You had talking heads like Mel Kiper that had Allen as the best QB and claimed Buffalo as a draft winner when they traded up to get him.  I was Team Darnold all the way.  I think that was the larger percentage of our forum in general.  But, thankfully, most of us saw the early results and realized John Dorsey is our GM for a reason.  I'm not used to the GM drafting a QB that I'm wrong about in a good way I suppose.

• Like 1