2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 minute ago, hoekd0250 said:

As a packer fan wondering how Demarious Randall has played this year for you guys.

Really well imo.

He’s been a great all around FS.  3 picks and is a really sound tackler in the open field. Played some CB well too when we were in a pinch because of injuries. 

Id imagine literally everyone will want him extended this off-season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hoekd0250 said:

As a packer fan wondering how Demarious Randall has played this year for you guys.

Plays so well, it makes the packers look really dumb for trying to make him a corner instead of a FS. Dude has been the FS the browns have desperately needed. 

Thank god for Wolfe/Highsmith bring the intel over to get Dorsey to trade for him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hoekd0250 said:

Baker and Randall have turned G Williams into looking like an idiot to looking like he could be our next HC long term

Randall has been a world of a difference it's changed the entire defense having a FS to can play that center field role

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If I was in charge....

HC: Freddie Kitchens

Really a no brainer here. You don't threaten your ROTY QB's development by changing up a successful offense and play caller. Not to mention your QBs penchant for violatile relationships with coaches..you don't screw with this chemistry.

DC: Dennard Wilson 
Credited with molding that budding Jets secondary and talked up as a future HC.

RE-SIGN
Greg Robinson 
Breshad Perriman 
E.J. Gaines 
Rashard Higgins 
Briean Boddy-Calhoun

EXTEND
Damarious Randall 
Joe Schobert

RELEASE 
Jamie Collins 
Chris Smith

FREE AGENCY

WR Dontrelle Inman
He's a better Rashad Higgins and would become the best yac WR on the team. Journeyman but looking like at least a #2 right now in the playoffs for the Colts.

DT Tyeler Davison 
Unheralded solid Saints DT with some athletic ability.

LB Jordan Hicks
One of the best cover LBs and best all around LBs in the league. He'll be a high priced FA but the Browns have cap and a big need at the position.

DRAFT

17. Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame  
Built like a big DE, Tillery has better quickness and mobility than most NTs and his personality is a good fit with Miles & Larry.

49. Chase Hansen, OLB, Utah
Imo, the best OLB in the draft. Star LB type. Former safety is a playmaker and great tackler with a forever motor. I'd expect Kirksey to be cut after next year if he's the same player he's always been, because he's overrated.

80. Devin Singletary, RB, FAU 
He's a less physical LeSean McCoy. If Singletary improves his strength as a pro he'll be a star.

90. Parris Campbell, WR, OSU 
Campbell's a threat over the top and underneath with his speed and yac.

119. Jared Pickney, TE, Vanderbilt 
In this deep class of TEs, a gem could be found later. Pickney has mobility, yac ability, hands and blocking potential.

148. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland 
Id like somebody to push Peppers and Savage is a great talent but a little undersized and might drop some.

156. Phil Haynes, OG, Wake Forest 
Great sleeper who's one of the best interior guys I've seen this year.

166. Renell Wren, DT, Arizona St 
He's not consistent but Wren has flashed devastating intial explosion and could be coached up.

191. Alex Barnes, RB, Kansas St 
I'm not convinced Duke is a reliable backup and I'd want another big back behind Chubb.

225. Trace McSorley, QB, Penn St  
Athletic grinder that I wouldn't count out improving his arm talent and earning a backup career.

247. Tae Hayes, CB, Appalachian St
Draft crush I'd figure goes earlier but who knows. One of the better run support CBs and a playmaker on the ball.

• Like 1

Definitely do not understand everyone's insistence on dropping Jamie Collins. Don't see the sense creating another hole in the defense just because a guy is "lazy and overpaid". It's just a move that's way too cute unless you have a plan to replace him. 

Edited by carl_sjunior

10 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

So is most of our defense. 

I'm not sure that's a good thing.

The taking plays off shines with Jamie Collins, and though I think he can be great, he doesn't seem to have the motor.

When you are trying to change the locker room and the effort in the locker room, it starts with getting rid of experienced guys who don't fit your culture and adding experienced guys who will advance it.  Perfect example, Jarvis Landry.  Having a guy who comes in and works hard and is willing to fight for the locker room and tell guys you cant take plays off makes a difference.  Losing Josh Gordon who does the opposite despite talent makes a difference.  Just because our team is inconsistent and bad against the run doesn't mean we keep all who are.  I means we figure out how to change it without effecting our young cornerstones on the team.