2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

“We feel Deandre is a young man who will thrive in Cleveland and will he in a stable environment here in Cleveland. We have a plan in place and want to give this young man the opportunity to contribute here as a man and football player.”

-JD after taking Baker round 4

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Browns trading back into the 1st would be fine with me as long as it's for an awesome player.

OT Andre Dillard
DT Ed Oliver
DT Christian Wilkins
TE TJ Hockenson
C Garrett Bradbury
DE Clelin Ferrell
LB Devin White
CB Nasir Adderley
CB DeAndre Baker

Those are the only players that could slide out of the top 10 that I'd consider trading up for.

Oliver would be incredible, but after the freakish workout, he may genuinely go top 5 along with the Bosa, Murray, and Allen.  Not sure who could grave the 5th spot yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Oliver would be incredible, but after the freakish workout, he may genuinely go top 5 along with the Bosa, Murray, and Allen.  Not sure who could grave the 5th spot yet.

Definitely Quinnen Williams.  Assuming that knee issue rumor indeed was false (it seems to have been false), his ability is off the charts.  The guy is a total monster.  His PFF stats are insane--highest of all defensive players in the nation in 2018.  He passes the eyeball test as well (strong, big, nimble, gets through double-teams).  Him and Bosa are Tayne's 1A 1B players.

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

“We feel Deandre is a young man who will thrive in Cleveland and will he in a stable environment here in Cleveland. We have a plan in place and want to give this young man the opportunity to contribute here as a man and football player.”

-JD after taking Baker round 4

If we got Deandre Baker--Tayne's CB1 in the draft--in round 4, Tayne's body would experience a pleasurejoy reminiscent only of a time long ago when we selected Baker 1st overall in the 2018 NFL draft.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

If we got Deandre Baker--Tayne's CB1 in the draft--in round 4, Tayne's body would experience a pleasurejoy reminiscent only of a time long ago when we selected Baker 1st overall in the 2018 NFL draft.

I thought this was guna take a different turn.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

If we kept it up, maybe the team would be renamed the Cleveland Bakers?

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as trading up, I’m sure he is considering it.

Just like he’s considering staying out.

Just like he’s considering trading down.

If there’s one thing I’m certain of by now, it’s that nobody but Buddy Boi knows what Buddy Boi is gonna do on draft day.

Yeah there is nothing in that interview that can be taken as Dorsey is considering trading up. I heard Dorsey’s own words and he gave the same candy answer he gives to everything, that his phone is on. Bad choice of words. I think it would be dumb to trade up. In my ever so humble opinion you can get the same player from mid first to the third round. I’m good with our team right now, if anything I’m game to trade down and start accumulating future draft picks. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah there is nothing in that interview that can be taken as Dorsey is considering trading up. I heard Dorsey’s own words and he gave the same candy answer he gives to everything, that his phone is on. Bad choice of words. I think it would be dumb to trade up. In my ever so humble opinion you can get the same player from mid first to the third round. I’m good with our team right now, if anything I’m game to trade down and start accumulating future draft picks. 

It will be interesting to see how trading down works out in the next half decade. 

As teams realize there is higher value  in trading down rather than trading up, assets acquired in trading down should go down. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

It will be interesting to see how trading down works out in the next half decade. 

As teams realize there is higher value  in trading down rather than trading up, assets acquired in trading down should go down. 

Value is subjective, it is all in what you do with the picks, we have proved that.  We traded down when the Falcons got Julio Jones, I would say that trade up worked pretty well for them, not so much for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Oh he most certainly should go in the top 5. I still have him as player #1 in the draft.

• Like 1