2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If a qb wants a cap% contract like 15% or something like that, it should be met with conditions on wins and appearance which reduces the overall value of the contract. 

If they are out for the year, they should get 7%, if the team goes 5-11 they should get 10% superbowl puts it up to 20% or would be hard to calculate admittedly. But giving a player like A-Rod a contract of 15% would be stupid for how bad the packers and how little he plays.

Though I understand what you're saying, the feasibility of that is VERY difficult.

When you have a hard cap and need to know what the salary is going to be of a player, it cant be dependent on other factors like wins or production, otherwise if he has a great year you may be over the cap when you didn't expect to...

This is my best guess of what happens in the Draft before it actually occurs. Obviously trades will happen, but it's a waste trying to predict those. I'm a lot more confident in the order in which positions will be taken rather than the players. 

49. Rock Ya-Sin/Julian Love/Amani Oriwarye/Justin Layne, CB (or however you spell it): I'm pretty sure this pick is a CB. I think Dorsey realizes the DB is the weakest part of the team and looks to improve there. I honestly don't care who gets picked here out of these guys, but I would bet on it being one of them. 

80. Amani Hooker, S: Really good at closing gaps. Reminds me a lot of how we've used Peppers in the past once he moved to SS. 

119. Germaine Pratt, LB: My favorite LB prospect not named Devin. A good all around LB, but really helps in run support. 

144. Armon Watts, DT: A middle round DT for depth. 

155. Michael Jordan, IOL: A middle round IOL for depth at G or C.

170. Austin Bryant, DE: A pass rusher who blended in at Clemson. Has the right size for 4-3 DE. 

189. Tommy Sweeney, TE: We need a sure handed target for simple red zone routes. Daniel Fells was the guy last year, but Sweeney's tape shows tons of promise for those quick hits over the middle. 

221. Penny Hart, WR: In the event Duke Johnson is traded, Penny Hart could be the next step Gadget player. He's little and quick, returns kicks, and has visited the team already, but late round guys are hard to call. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Though I understand what you're saying, the feasibility of that is VERY difficult.

I mention it because 2 top teir qbs have wanted it on their 3rd conteact. Russ and A-Rod.

4 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

When you have a hard cap and need to know what the salary is going to be of a player, it cant be dependent on other factors like wins or production, otherwise if he has a great year you may be over the cap when you didn't expect to...

I agree it would be difficult, it would be interesting to see how qb contracts could be different to help th teams while still paying top dollar. 

Perhaps for Baker when it comes time to extent him his contract could be say top 5 money, rather than top 1, but 100% guaranteed 

• Like 1

Hue’s best play is to delete his Twitter handle or any other evidence of his existence the past three years. Burn birth certificate, whatever. Hope people have forgotten about you. Go completely dark. Then come out of his gopher-hole in a few years with a full beard and hope to charm people with a new look and personality, clawing back into the football world. Possibly. Hope people have forgotten who you were as a HC. Trying to be clever and deep given his track record isn’t going to slip past anyone. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1