2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

Brown is 29 and even though he graded well last year, his play was in a noticeable decline.  He likely wants more than a 1 year deal, and more than most teams are willing to pay him.  My best guess is he finds a home after the draft and it won't be in Cleveland.

3 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

This offseason has def been less interesting from a draft perspective

It will not live up to last year, but it will still be fun waiting to hear “there has been a trade”, and then hearing the Cleveland Browns are now on the clock.

• Like 1

This off season would have been less interesting regardless if we had our first round pick.  Unless you are picking in the top 10(as the Browns most years since returning in 99), there isn't that much to talk about until the day of the draft.  Too much depends on what happens in the top 10.  Coupled with the fact that we finally aren't searching for a QB and it makes us pre-draft boring talk. 

I personally can't wait to see what Dorsey does.

9 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

What the heck is wrong with Dorsey, he sucks, he has not done anything major in like days!  What is he doing, sleeping?

DISCLAIMER

Yes, that is sarcasm!

Man, Dizzy, I am so glad you put that disclaimer on. I wasn't sure there - you really had me going there......

DISCLAIMER

Yes that is sarcasm back at ya, sir!

Well done!

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:35 PM, DizzyDean said:

What the heck is wrong with Dorsey, he sucks, he has not done anything major in like days!  What is he doing, sleeping?

DISCLAIMER

Yes, that is sarcasm!

On 4/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, brooks1957 said:

Man, Dizzy, I am so glad you put that disclaimer on. I wasn't sure there - you really had me going there......

DISCLAIMER

Yes that is sarcasm back at ya, sir!

Well done!

This thread is really heating up.

57 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Anyone gonna pick up Danny Shelton or nah? He’s obviously limited but surprised no one has scooped him up as a rotational plug DT. 

Can confirm that Shelton will not be signed until after the draft, at which point he won't count against the compensatory formula. The Secret Council has spoken favorably of bringing Shelton back on an inexpensive, likely one-year deal.

Edited by NudeTayne