2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, 2020/2021 will be game changers for Myles, Baker, Ward type decisions. 

At that point, I'd look for us to let the "Hollywood Higgins" types go and start replacing them with mid round type draft picks to fill up the #3/#4 WR and other depth spots.

After this year, I would expect Kirksey, Tretter, Higgins and possibly Randall to be gone.

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hes been a top 3 CB in the NFL for the last 6 years and hes getting paid as the 25th ranked CB in between Steven Nelson and Aaron Colvin....so yea, I see why he wants a new deal.

However, hes 30 and coming off a injury. I feel like he should have spoken up last year when he was still 29 and not try to finally earn his value at 30. Im not sure whose going to make a 30 year old CB a top 5 highest paid guy at his position. 

Update: Apparently he wants 15m per season or traded---15m per year would make him the highest paid player at his position. Again, I dont know whose giving a 30 year old coming off injury 15m per year.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes been a top 3 CB in the NFL for the last 6 years and hes getting paid as the 25th ranked CB in between Steven Nelson and Aaron Colvin....so yea, I see why he wants a new deal.

However, hes 30 and coming off a injury. I feel like he should have spoken up last year when he was still 29 and not try to finally earn his value at 30. Im not sure whose going to make a 30 year old CB a top 5 highest paid guy at his position. 

Update: Apparently he wants 15m per season or traded---15m per year would make him the highest paid player at his position. Again, I dont know whose giving a 30 year old coming off injury 15m per year.

5th rounder trade, then 3/$45 extension.

Edited by NudeTayne

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah he's using it to get out because he's upset at the money Kareem Jackson and Bryce Callahan got.

I bet if he's traded his contract demands will come back down to earth for whatever team that is. Most like guess is the Colts like Ben All right said.

Also, only getting a 5th rounder for a player of his caliber with a good 3-4 years left would be extremely upsetting

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Paying 15 million to a 33 year old corner back in 2021. Hawt. 

2019 will turn 30 - 8.7 mil

2020 will turn 31 - 15 mil

2021 will turn 32 - 15 mil

2022 will turn 33 - cut or restructure (first two years guaranteed)

Basically it would be a 3/38.7 contract.  It wouldn't be a great price by any means, but that is why I would only see us throw a late rounder to get rid of  the headache for Denver.  3/38.7 for Chris Harris is probably the market.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I agree completely. Randall is a maybe but I bet we let the rest walk. 

i dunno i think we might keep tretter unless campen can make some magic happen.  theres no real downside to re-signing tretter.  i dont think he's going to go up in salary from what he has now, so its not gonna be a shock to the system.  could go down too.  1 year deal? who knwos

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

i dunno i think we might keep tretter unless campen can make some magic happen.  theres no real downside to re-signing tretter.  i dont think he's going to go up in salary from what he has now, so its not gonna be a shock to the system.  could go down too.  1 year deal? who knwos

If Tretter is willing to sign a 1-2 year deal for average C money, then I think we could keep him. We also may know THIS draft whether or not we will based upon whether or not we draft a C at some point in the mid rounds.

That said, I think Kirk and Hollywood are gonzo. Hello comp pick (Hollywood) and hello cap space (Kirk).

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If Tretter is willing to sign a 1-2 year deal for average C money, then I think we could keep him. We also may know THIS draft whether or not we will based upon whether or not we draft a C at some point in the mid rounds.

Yeah I’d be surprised if we don’t snag a C at some point, day 2 even tbh, it looks like a decent class.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That said, I think Kirk and Hollywood are gonzo. Hello comp pick (Hollywood) and hello cap space (Kirk).

Agreed.  Hollywood for sure, and most likely Kirksey unless he has a MONSTER year.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

if you buy the rumors... he might not even be here this year ... (kirk that is)

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I’d be surprised if we don’t snag a C at some point, day 2 even tbh, it looks like a decent class.

With Corbett swinging to RG full time, C is actually an area of depth need. A swing OG/C wouldn't be out of the question early to be honest.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.  Hollywood for sure, and most likely Kirksey unless he has a MONSTER year.

If Kirksey doesn't stay healthy AND doesn't have a monster year, he's gone. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a surprise "camp cut" if they feel like Avery is legit ready.