2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Meh, Scott went undrafted for a reason and was still available out there for a reason.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m cool with the signing but think it’s still likely an uphill battle for him here. 

I think that if he shows that he can be an effective 1st and 2nd down thumper, he makes the team. Duke provides no real value after Hunt's suspension, and is MEH at best running the ball. Throw in his semi high salary, and he's gone if we can make it work.

• Like 2

It’s only a matter of time before the organization blackballs Grossi and he’s politely cut-off and trended out. He is now probably disliked/hated by the two faces of our upward trending franchise. And he is picking fights for no reason at this point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

If it was fully torn like they reported, he would have required surgery to repair it properly

You don’t have to have surgery on it. He was contemplating leaving it torn. Just wondered what he did.

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It’s only a matter of time before the organization blackballs Grossi and he’s politely cut-off and trended out. He is now probably disliked/hated by the two faces of our upward trending franchise. And he is picking fights for no reason at this point. 

Now if only they'd get rid of Mary K

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

New HC of @AZCardinals Steve Wilks blitzed 48% of the time on 3rd down in 2017, the 2nd highest rate among defenses #BringTheHeatvia @PFF pic.twitter.com/Ny0okCgstY

— Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki) June 24, 2018

Without a great Front 4 and also having a good press man CB in Peterson, I completely understand why he'd do this, especially utilizing heavy zone concepts. It's basically what we do at my HS. Limited athletes, inability to get a great pass rush from 4 guys, send and overload to the RB, creating a 4 on 3 advantage, and force the QB to get rid of the ball quickly. Make an open field tackle on slant/stick routes on 3rd and 6+, and force a punt...or maybe get lucky and force a TO/get a sack.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Without a great Front 4 and also having a good press man CB in Peterson, I completely understand why he'd do this, especially utilizing heavy zone concepts. It's basically what we do at my HS. Limited athletes, inability to get a great pass rush from 4 guys, send and overload to the RB, creating a 4 on 3 advantage, and force the QB to get rid of the ball quickly. Make an open field tackle on slant/stick routes on 3rd and 6+, and force a punt...or maybe get lucky and force a TO/get a sack.

Sounds like HS is me playing Madden

04e0faa063b486bb06fd22a084bcb127.png

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

I'm not advocating Cover 0!!!!! Maybe Cover 2 or 3 while mixing in occasional Man with a single high post defender as the FS!!! 

LOL

no no no the single high defender in this case is the FS Im user controlling so I can time up the snap and blast right through the line with all of the occupied blockers from the blitzers and hit stick the QB into submission before picking up the ball and dancing into the endzone lol

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

no no no the single high defender in this case is the FS Im user controlling so I can time up the snap and blast right through the line with all of the occupied blockers from the blitzers and hit stick the QB into submission before picking up the ball and dancing into the endzone lol

If you try this approach IRL, someone will definitely be dancing in the endzone...probably the inside WR.