2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

7 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Where are you seeing "official" measurements. He's listed at over 6'5...

Word from the campus advanced scouting community is that he's under 6'5'' despite the listing at above 6'5"

We'll see how he measures at the combine and pro-day, but these scouts are good at assessing height in person.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Word from the campus advanced scouting community is that he's under 6'5'' despite the listing at above 6'5"

We'll see how he measures at the combine and pro-day, but these scouts are good at assessing height in person.

Man it must be pretty cool to have advanced scouting contacts at Washington St.

more than likely he is shorter as school measurements are always exaggerated.

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Man it must be pretty cool to have advanced scouting contacts at Washington St.

more than likely he is shorter as school measurements are always exaggerated.

I have no contacts at Washington St.

At this point in the season, all 32 NFL teams and over 20 private company scouting groups along with 5 scouting groups of the all all star bowl games have checked out Andre Dillard in person as he is a top 50 to top 70 prospect.

All you have to do is have family in those communities.. it's quite simple...

...And .. it is actually pretty cool...

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I have no contacts at Washington St.

At this point in the season, all 32 NFL teams and over 20 private company scouting groups along with 5 scouting groups of the all all star bowl games have checked out Andre Dillard in person as he is a top 50 to top 70 prospect.

All you have to do is have family in those communities.. it's quite simple...

...And .. it is actually pretty cool...

You are just the worst.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He stated for days before the draft, consistently and adamantly that we were taking Baker and Ward.

Pretty much everyone that didn't want Chubb wanted Ward/trade down.

he had Ward as a 2nd round prospect at one point. You should remember. You and I both said...nah he's a top half of the 1st CB.

Edited by pnies20

15 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

It wasn’t what he wanted, he’d heard through his BIL that Baker/Ward was the plan.

15 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

he had Ward as a 2nd round prospect at one point. You should remember. You and I both said...nah he's a top half of the 1st CB.

Nobody is 100% correct, but there’s a difference between getting an eval wrong and not having inside info.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It wasn’t what he wanted, he’d heard through his BIL that Baker/Ward was the plan.

Nobody is 100% correct, but there’s a difference between getting an eval wrong and not having inside info.

I can keep going. Shall I post the dozens of "pro bowler, HOF upside" posts? 

No. I'll just watch the game...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Besides saying we’d take baker what else? Seriously asking.

Look below for older stuff:

On 3/6/2018 at 6:49 PM, Mind Character said:

I hate going online and reading some bullsh** about the Browns and given my personal anguish and misery with this godforsaken team, I don't care to add to that tidal wave of sports BS.  There have been only like 4-5 things mostly Senior Bowl nuggets and rumors from 2017 that I've posted on this forum (the old version of the website that is) that were conveyed to me by family. Of the remaining 3, 2 of them came true and 1 didn't. The 1 that come true didn't was that the Browns were supposedly seeking to trade up for Leonard Fournette.  The 2 that were correct were 1: That the Bears were trying to Trade up for Trubisky with the 49ers and the Browns; And 2 (No one saw that coming pre-draft except ppl in the business). That Sashi Brown met with Rick Smith at a private Wine and Cigar lounge in Indy and that the Texans and Browns will likely do a trade for the 12th pick. Those things were posted well in advance of the draft and came true. Everythng else I post is as Browns schlub trying to make sense of the craziness that is the Browns.

On 4/16/2018 at 1:07 AM, Mind Character said:

One thing that no one can refute is that on the Old Forum:

1. I posted "the Bears will look to trade up for Trubisky with either the Browns at 1 or San Fran at 2.".... THAT CAME TRUE

2. I also posted that "Sashi Brown was known to have contact via my b.i.l.'s team spycraft department, 1st with Rick Smith of the Texans, and 2nd with Ryan Pace of the Bears... with Smith at a private membership only room at a Wine & Cigar lounge in Indy" and... "Dont be surprised if we trade one of our picks to the Bears or Texans." That post received only like 4 responses and came true regarding the draft..... TRUE AGAIN

3. I posted that the Browns are trying to trade up for Leonard Fournette.... DIDNT COME TRUE... Fournette went 4...(we'll never know if this was subterfuge or their real intentions)

4. Passed along stuff that only ppl with connections to people in the business would know including who we were interviewing for certain job openings.

How did I predict such things based on info passed along to me? Magic?? LOL...

---------

Then of course there's this stuff...

On 4/26/2018 at 8:51 PM, Mind Character said:

I created a Poll FINAL RECORD KEEPING Thread that received 46 Total Votes on the Saturday before the draft... I was the only person who voted before the draft started (I voted on the Saturday b4 the draft) that voted for Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward being my prediction at #1 and #4. Not what I wanted of course...but what I predicted would happen. (I wanted Darnold and Chubb)

---------------------------------------------------------

I also before the draft started in this Thread said the picks would be Mayfield and Ward:

------------------------------------------------------

Shout out to my brother in law... the real MVP....

On 4/26/2018 at 7:05 PM, Mind Character said:

As I voted the other day for record keeping, I think we Mayfield and Ward for our first 2 picks...

--

He also said tremaine edmunds, vita vea  so...

Never once did I say we were going to take Edmunds or Vea..

Find it...

Did I say I wanted Edmunds? Of course... I loved him as a player... and mock him in a what I want mock... yeah.. so what

Edited by Mind Character

What are you even talking about?

My Big Board in February and March had Denzel Ward as no lower than the 8th best prospect in the draft

Here's proof.

You're pretty terrible at making up stuff.

I may have made a mock that had Denzel as trade back into the bottom of the 1st or early 2nd draft prospect but that would've been in the November before the draft.

Nice try.... you're pretty awful at this.. you're whats called a hater...

Edited by Mind Character