2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

12 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Keep both Perriman came on towards the end of the season 

If we got Williams in FA, I probably wouldn't address WR in the draft at all. Landry, Williams, Higgins, Callaway, Perriman is good enough for me unless a clear value guy drops to us in the 2nd/3rd or later.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

If we got Williams in FA, I probably wouldn't address WR in the draft at all. Landry, Williams, Higgins, Callaway, Perriman is good enough for me unless a clear value guy drops to us in the 2nd/3rd or later.

Agree.

Don't forget Njoku. He's more a receiver than a TE, imho.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I’d probably grab a late round guy to develop maybe cedi lamb or Paris Campbell 

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

looking at FAs that have some connections to our new staff!

ARI

Mike Iupati

Deone Bucannon

J.J. Nelson

CAR

Thomas Davis

Ky;e Love

Ben Jacobs

David Mayo

GB

(Packers have 4 OL FAs)

TB

No FA offensive player I would want on the Browns

None of those names excite me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

If we can’t get Greedy Williams, Devin White, Clellin Ferrell, Byron Murphy, Jonah Williams, Q.Williams, Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, or Bosa I’d entertain the idea of trading for OBJ if he agrees to rework that contract. 

Why would he rework the contract?  What’s in it for him?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why would he rework the contract?  What’s in it for him?

Because the giants won’t trade him unless he does. They’d be on the hook for a ton of dead money. They’re better off keeping him. I’m saying if we want obj he’d have to work out a deal with giants first to make it even possible. 

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Because the giants won’t trade him unless he does. They’d be on the hook for a ton of dead money. They’re better off keeping him. I’m saying if we want obj he’d have to work out a deal with giants first to make it even possible. 

They're better off keeping him whether he renegotiates his contract or not. If they keep him he counts for 21 million this year against their cap, if they trade him it will be $16 million against the cap. They would save around $5 million so the contract is much more tradable than the player is, but if they are willing to trade him it won't be hindered by his contract at all.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They're better off keeping him whether he renegotiates his contract or not. If they keep him he counts for 21 million this year against their cap, if they trade him it will be $16 million against the cap. They would save around $5 million so the contract is much more tradable than the player is, but if they are willing to trade him it won't be hindered by his contract at all.

No. But they are paying him 16 million to not play. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

No. But they are paying him 16 million to not play. 

That money has already been paid though. They gave him a bonus for signing and that check has already been cashed. Yes it will count against their cap but if they want to trade him they don't need to restructure his contract to do so and it wouldn't help if they did that $16 million will always be there (for 2019).

• Like 1