Titans

NFC

Eagles

Packers

Falcons

Rams

Saints

Vikings

Ive got a bad feeling about the Chiefs given the Tyreek Hill situation. I like Mahommes, but their defense got even worse. Another part of me wants to swap the Saints and Redskins because I think this is the years Brees falls off a cliff.

Replace Steelers and Titans with Chiefs and Ravens in the AFC. Replace Vikings with Packers and that's mine. 

I have:

Colts vs Chargers.

Ravens vs Texans

Rams vs Saints

Falcons vs Eagles 

Browns vs Texans

Chargers vs Patriots

Eagles vs Packers

Saints vs Seahawks.

Browns vs Patriots

Seahawks vs Packers

Browns vs Seahawks in the SuperBowl.

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’ll just rework Landry’s deal. Just move some guaranteed money around. Teams do it all the time. The salary cap doesn’t matter if you know how to work it. 

All his guaranteed money was paid out already. $34M over the first two years. 

This deal was set up to be a 2 year deal with team options.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

All his guaranteed money was paid out already. $34M over the first two years. 

This deal was set up to be a 2 year deal with team options.

What we all can agree on:

1. Jarvis has been a key leader.

2. Jarvis has been important to the culture transition to a winning mentality.

3. Jarvis is a very good receiver who blocks well.

4. Jarvis is overpaid.

5. Jarvis likely has a longer contract leash, based on OBJ needing to be kept happy--surrendered high pick for him so needs to work out.

------------------

Tayne's invisiblol: we will have Jarvis for two more seasons.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

What we all can agree on:

1. Jarvis has been a key leader.

2. Jarvis has been important to the culture transition to a winning mentality.

3. Jarvis is a very good receiver who blocks well.

4. Jarvis is overpaid.

5. Jarvis likely has a longer contract leash, based on OBJ needing to be kept happy--surrendered high pick for him so needs to work out.

------------------

Tayne's invisiblol: we will have Jarvis for two more seasons.

All good points. 

We keep Landry till it it time to pay Callaway imo, assuming callaway booms, which I think he will do.

• Like 2

I think Landry and Beckham will both be here for a long time. I don't think OBJ would flip his lid if we didn't keep Landry, but I guarantee you that he'd be a little salt that we got rid of his best friend.

Landry is definitely overpaid, but it's not a TERRIBLE contract either. IMO, he's the face of the Browns. I know Baker is the young star QB and OBJ is a literal megastar WR, but I think Jarvis Landry embodies what we want the Browns to be more than anyone.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Landry and Beckham will both be here for a long time. I don't think OBJ would flip his lid if we didn't keep Landry, but I guarantee you that he'd be a little salt that we got rid of his best friend.

Landry is definitely overpaid, but it's not a TERRIBLE contract either. IMO, he's the face of the Browns. I know Baker is the young star QB and OBJ is a literal megastar WR, but I think Jarvis Landry embodies what we want the Browns to be more than anyone.

My hope for Landry is that he is a Hines Ward type for us. I want TDs and him doing the dirty work for us.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

As far as contracts go, I’m letting Schobert walk well before I think of cutting Jarvis 

As far as contracts go I'm worrying about it next year not this. A lot can change in a year. 2 years ago Schobert was looked at in a higher regard than now and that may happen again next year. Maybe Jarvis continues to drop balls and makes himself expendable. Maybe Jarvis takes a step forward and Schobert loses his job midseason. I get thinking about things and looking towards the future but it's really just a guessing game right now as either player realistically could be a pro bowl player or a role player for 2019.

What we know now I'd like to keep both and have it work somehow financially. I'd also like to keep Kirksey. And Higgins. And Duke. I pretty much never want to get rid of anyone that I think can help us going forward and in the past it was possible if they were willing to stay. I understand we finally have talent and for financial reasons we will have to make those hard decisions as opposed to trying to keep the few good players we have from wanting to get out of here but I'm not ready to say what way will work best until I see Schobert with our defense and see how much Landry is needed in our offense. I know we SHOULD be good but which parts being the most essential to us being good aren't apparent yet besides having a QB. I have to wait and see but I really want to keep both.

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

As far as contracts go, I’m letting Schobert walk well before I think of cutting Jarvis 

Oh, Lawdy no. We already know Landry is massively overpaid. At least Scho has a serious chance of getting a reasonable, non-bank breaking extension.

I really like Landry as a locker room guy and emotional leader for the team. But his on field play makes me want to pay him about 7-8M a year, not 15+. Scho is about the same range IMO (6-10M depending on his performance this year), and will likely get about that (obviously Scho's next contract is all guessing at this point).

• Like 1