2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I can’t wait to see some of these guys in action. Kiwi posted this awhile back about our guys RAS scores. Sione and Drew Forbes scores are freaking insane to me.

D5NFEt4W4AEzfUg.png

Redwine's and Williams' aren't too shabby, either.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Was taking a peak at Pittsburgh’s schedule. They play the Colts, then Rams late before they play @ Cleveland on Thursday night in our first matchup. I feel really good about that game.

We also get a bye week to prepare for @ New England.

Eff that, give those fools a bye for all I care.  

They gonna need it.

• Like 1

Training camp open to public:

• Thursday, July 25 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Friday, July 26 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Saturday, July 27 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Sunday, July 28 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Monday, July 29 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Wednesday, July 31 – 10 a.m. - 12 pm.
  • Thursday, August 1 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Friday, August 2 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Monday, Aug. 5 – 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
  • Tuesday, Aug. 6 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Friday, Aug. 9 – 3:45 - 5:25 p.m.
  • Saturday, Aug. 10 – 2:45 - 4:45 p.m.
  • Monday, Aug. 12 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Tuesday, Aug. 20 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
  • Wednesday, Aug. 21 – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

• Like 1

I had a thought this morning.....of COURSE in the SHOWER....

My Madden teams starting improving when I started working it this way.....our Beloved Browns is a team that is now the most talented I've seen since we came back into the league. I think with the moves that J.D. has made.....this team in its current iteration is set up to make a real run at this things for the next 2 seasons. I think that is when the salary cap realness is going to set in a bit. One of the keys IMO is get very real with the talent assessment. We've been talent starved for so long....(how many folks in here have had real bar arguments over us having the best LT and KR in the NFL....not a QB, not a HC...but a KR.....love ya Cribbs....but a KR)...that we may overvalue and want to try and keep ALL of this talent.

I personally think, there are 4 levels of players...the Core Group (the group that MUST be kept together no matter what), Winning talent (guys you need to win, but this homegrown talent WILL get payday's elsewhere, or took a payday to come here) I feel you can enjoy these players for 2-3 seasons, IF you pay them like core players you will affect your ability to sign your core players IMO, unless you identify them EARLY and give them a deal before its time. The Young Replacements (solid group of talent with potential, these guys make up your special teams and look like they could develop down the road or step in for letting some of the winning talent go) and your JAG's (just a guy).

I feel our Core players are Mayfield, Garret, Bintonio and Ward (with room for one more).

Winning talent: Schobert, Randle, Ogunjobi, Landry, Chubb, OBJ, NJoku, Hunt, Duke, Sheldon Richardson.

Young Replacements: HIggins, Calloway, Greg Robinson (potential to more to Core) and Genard Avery.

We have to keep our eyes on the core...let winning talent walk if it wont sign a team friendly deal, or we identify them EARLY and get them under contract with the cheap 2-3 year extension, and get the compensatory picks for them. Young replacements need to be extended early or traded to maximize value.

PS. I read something funny yesterday on a Titians website....they want to trade their backup LT to us for David Njoku xDxDxD!!!!!!!!!!!! Crack Kills

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

With the talent we have, winning with it and sustaining a winning team is all down to the coaching, imho.

Compare us position-by-position with the Patriots.

With the exceptions of Brady and their K, we win.

The only ingredient we might be missing is some BB.

• Like 1