2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

So Keyshawn Johnson has the dumbest prediction for Cleveland. He has us winning only 6-7 games.

Like....how? He’s arguing we will be WORSE than last year.

Well he said we were going to be better than last year and then 30 seconds later predicts 6 or 7 wins so, I dunno.

22 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well he said we were going to be better than last year and then 30 seconds later predicts 6 or 7 wins so, I dunno.

If anything the first half of the Browns schedule is going to be the predictor. In order to keep the playoffs/division dreams going they need to win those first 2 against TEN/NYJ because they then face a 6-8 game stretch that is really tough. They can finish out the year strong but I worry about the psyche of the team if they get beat up against the LAR/NE/SEA and come back down to earth a little bit.  

Getting off to a 2-0 start going into that mini gauntlet is critical

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If anything the first half of the Browns schedule is going to be the predictor. In order to keep the playoffs/division dreams going they need to win those first 2 against TEN/NYJ because they then face a 6-8 game stretch that is really tough. They can finish out the year strong but I worry about the psyche of the team if they get beat up against the LAR/NE/SEA and come back down to earth a little bit.  

Getting off to a 2-0 start going into that mini gauntlet is critical

Yeah, on paper winning those first two games are critical. In reality I think we can overcome an early loss and make up for it by beating a good team. If you want to make the playoffs you better be able to beat playoff teams otherwise why even show up. I'd love us to win the games we should win but I'm really looking forward to some statement games against teams who are expected to go to the playoffs.

The Ravens recently have struggled against winning teams and the Steelers have struggled against losing teams. They have both been successful regular season teams and somewhat less successful playoff teams. I'd probably rather be the Steelers and show up more against the good teams, seems like you would have a better chance in the playoffs that way. Best case scenario we win the ones we should and some of the ones we shouldn't.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So Keyshawn Johnson has the dumbest prediction for Cleveland. He has us winning only 6-7 games.

Like....how? He’s arguing we will be WORSE than last year.

I think it’s just ignorance.

Whether people care to admit it or not, keeping up with every team and remembering what they did last year, how they added, who they lost, etc is a lot.  It’s why the national guys make a fool of themselves so often (one reason anyway).

More than ignorance, it might just be off-season doldrums.  There's nothing to talk about right now, so people have to come up with dumb hot takes to create stories/observers.  Barring unforeseen injuries to guys like Mayfield, there's no situation where I see us only winning 6-7 games this season. 

57 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

More than ignorance, it might just be off-season doldrums.  There's nothing to talk about right now, so people have to come up with dumb hot takes to create stories/observers.  Barring unforeseen injuries to guys like Mayfield, there's no situation where I see us only winning 6-7 games this season. 

Me neither.

But stupid predictions like his are not exactly a good way to get clicks.

I mean, unless he's ok with building an image of stupidity.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

man @Kiwibrown arnety ou glad you didnt double or nothing with me?

I did consider it, but trusting people with reliability/drug issues doesnt usually work. 

Dorsey a head of the curve on des, good to see. 

Feel for des and the lady in this situation, his career is likely done of guilty, and that would be an hideous thing to go through for that poor woman, she probably thought she was guna die 

Just my opinion, but what makes an offense truly elite is how they perform in the redzone. This offense is going to be impossible to stop in the redzone.

How do you stop 1:32?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-7TQy86sc

Especially if guys like Njoku and Callaway progress. Njoku is a sleeping giant. He could be a touchdown machine.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just my opinion, but what makes an offense truly elite is how they perform in the redzone. This offense is going to be impossible to stop in the redzone.

How do you stop 1:32?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-7TQy86sc

Especially if guys like Njoku and Callaway progress. Njoku is a sleeping giant. He could be a touchdown machine.

The great thing with this offense is what we saw last year.  Though Baker has forced a few throws, he doesn't just focus on one guy to throw the ball to.  Don't expect a 1,600 yard season out of Beckham.  Baker spreads the ball around.  I think you'll see a lot of balance out of this offense.  If the box is stacked close to the goal line, and Beckham has a safety and CB on him, Njoku has a great matchup.  Simple math.  Landry is seemingly option #4 in the red zone, and you still have guys like Callaway to spread things out.  As long as Baker keeps spreading the ball around and the offense stays balanced, this offense will be really lethal.  It's early, and the games haven't been played yet, but OBJ has said all the right things about just wanting to win here.  As long as we're winning games, if the ball is being spread about, everyone stays happy. 

• Like 1

I think worst case scenario, we are a scary 9-7 wildcard team. We make it after smoking the division (5-1) and beating some really big name teams ala New England and LA.

Our record doesn’t concern me, I just want playoffs.

Edited by candyman93